Zone Forcefields

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by C.L., Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

C.L.

Plugin category: Protection & Anti-Tresspassing

Minecraft version: (If you could also support 1.7, that would be nice) 1.8 - latest versions

Suggested name: Zone Guard

What I want: I'd like to have a flexible plugin that stops players from tresspassing onto other player's land claims(perhaps it could work with Factions, Towny, and other land claiming plugins). Whenever a player makes a faction, they can set up a zone guard and configure it to keep players from tresspassing onto the property.
    A zone guard could be a forcefield that whenever a player comes into a restricted zone they get thrown back away from it (kinda like Player Repulsor Shield, except with chunks) and a configurable warning message shows up in chat. Should be configurable to be a forcefield, or if it can harm players who try to trespass (just like what happens when you're on the other side of the worldborder).

Scenario: Let's say this is on a server that isn't a pvp server, but does allow pvp anywhere in the server, and some players wouldn't want faction enemies or intruders to come onto their land and attack them. No problem. If they're the owner of the faction or whatever, they can set up a zone guard and not have to worry about intruders coming to kill them or their animals.

Plugin config:
    HTML:
    Forcefield Settings:
    Restriction Bypass:
      - Allow OP only(Only enable if no permissions plugin is present): false
    PlayerRepulsor: true
        - Repel distance(in blocks): 5
        - Repels hostile mobs: false
        - Warning Message: "&aYou were bounced away from %player%'s terrirory."
    Player Harming Field Settings(harms player when they proceed into restricted territory):
        - PlayerHarmer: false
        - Harms after time in sec(s): 5
        - Warning Message: "&cWarning! You are entering %player%'s terrirory."

Original Idea (open)
    Ideas for commands:
    /zone create - sets up protection for a land claim that works with claimed territory access(ex. factions)
    /zone ban - bans an unwanted player from being able to enter your land
    /zone whitelist toggle - toggles whitelist so all players can't enter your land unless added to whitelist
    /zone whitelist add - adds a player who's allowed to enter your claim when whitelist is enabled
    /zone info - shows land claim info; whitelisted players, banned players, plugin it's using
    /zone bypass - allows staff members to bypass whitelist restrictions(doesn't bypass if they're banned from a claim, though)
    /zone admin - more advanced bypass that allows higher level staff members to bypass if they're banned from a land claim

Ideas for permissions: (I'm using permissionsex format.)
    - zone.create.command
    - zone.whitelist.toggle
    - zone.enter.bypass
    - zone.enter.admin
    When I'd Like It: 1 Month or ASAP

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  2. Offline

C.L.

Bump.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  3. @C.L.
    Sorry i can't help you out with developing this plugin.

But maybe you can just use world-guard it has an option to deny entry in a region. World-guard is compatible with many claim plugins. Just google it.

If that doesn't helps you out im sorry.

4. Offline

C.L.

Can't worldguard only be used by OPs and admins?

5. Offline

C.L.

I can't try plugins because I updated to Windows 10 and Minecraft doesn't work (except the Win10 version). :(

6. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

It is Java, it should work, what error do you get?

7. Offline

C.L.

Error: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  8. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

9. Offline

C.L.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.