Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by DaClowns, Jul 4, 2011.
1. Spout. This is going to change everything.
2. McMMO. Obvious reasons.
3. Bigbrother. I think I'm going to switch to LogBlock after everything is updated though do to the maker of it leaving.
4. Ore to Client Obfuscation. Anti-Xray without risk.
5. Falsebook. Craftbook with extra IC's. Makes redstone way better.
I'll add this.
- mChat+mChat essentials+pmChat. Great chat plugin. Uses Spout for some really cool features.
- LWC. Best locking plugin out there.
- Banhammer. Great banning plugin with tempban, ban history, purges, etc. And a great name.
- ChestShop (formerly iConomyChestShop). Only shop plugin I really found to like.
I like those things while I'm building in my server;
World Portal (comming soon , own plugin, testing right now)
(• Groupmanager, now PEX)
• Antigrief, now Modifyworld
• Worldguardwith Worldedit
And important too: MCDocs, Remote Toolkit, Minebackup, MCBans, Multiverse, HomeSpawnPlus
I can't think of anything else I can't live without.
Stats & Achievement..
3. The Whitelister
PermissionsEx, LogBlock, WorldEdit, CommandBook, Multihome.
LWC, Worldguard, Worldedit, Essentials, RTK
Maybe swap out Pigasus for the RTK
What's wrong with Essentials? The only downside really is is the economy being forced. Essentials is LOADS better than CommandBook. You can't limit the commands so that normal players can't access them, but OPs can. It sucks.
4) BigBrother (Or any other log blocking plugin)
Lots of people don't like the developer, they think his work is messy. Its worked well for me and I like what it offers so that would not bother me.
If OPs have a separate group, that should't be an issue. CB has permissions for everything, yeah?
I've used both and both work fine. With CB you may need to install a few other plugins to fill in the gaps but a lot of people seem to think the footprint is still much smaller *shrug*
Do you not use a permissions plugin?
And I've had a lot of issues with essentials. None since I switched to commandbook.
With essentials I couldn't change the weather and see the change without logging out and back in.
Home teleports would randomly stop working spitting out some error. (forgot what it said it's been awhile.)
Now I use Command book + MyHome + Banhammer for anything I needed to replace essentials with. They all seem to just run better.
With essentials, I say /weather sun, and in 5 seconds the weather changes. :S
Command book also doesn't allow you to change your name for mods. I know I'd have to get other plugins for that, but still :\
1. Essentials, for pretty much everything that isn't covered by the other plugins.
2. LWC, to prevent all-too-common thefts that happen.
3. CivilizedSpawn, so mobs don't spawn on trees or in stupid places constantly.
4. NoCheat, obvious reasons.
5. VoxelSniper, for terraforming landscapes easily and being a good partner to MCEdit.
1. Spout (and related plugins)
WorldEdit - Amazing structures.
WorldGuard - Keeps those amazing structures from being trashed.
Sortal - Sign-based TP, works brilliantly.
This one's rather boring, but JSONAPI, a JSON API (you'd never guess) which links to Adminium, an iOS remote server admin app.
Finally, BigBrother/Logblock/HawkEye - these are SO useful.
And I guess I need permissionsbukkit, so JSONAPI goes out the window.
EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.
I know i have listed 6 plugins here...I have a reason for that
Separate names with a comma.