You don't have permission!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Lildirt, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Lildirt

What OS are you using (Brand and version - Ex. Windows XP SP3)?

Windows 7 (64-bit, unknown service pack (if any))

What architecture is the OS you are running (x64 or x86)?

64-bit

What version and architecture is your java install?

"Java version "1.6.0_26" Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03) Java HotSpot 64-bit server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode."

Are you running any wrappers? McMyAdmin, mcadmin, Hamachi, etc?

Currently, no. I do know that McMyAdmin can fix this glitch however, but I don't want to run it at this point in time.
    EDIT: I have switched to McMyAdmin, and turned on the option that normally fixes the bug. However, it has done nothing this time, since I turned to PermissionsBukkit.

What build of CraftBukkit are you running? (do NOT say latest. Say the build number.)
    The build number is displayed in the top of the server.log.

CB 1185

What error are you getting (post your server.log file)?

This isn't a server.log issue, this is a chat message being spammed each time a player right-clicks.
    This messages says, simply, "You don't have permission to use this.", and I can't seem to fix it other than running MCMA (McMyAdmin), and I don't want to run it (how I fix it is by turning on a specific setting in it, so I was assuming that a plugin/config.yml/other option would be allowed to deny no permission messages.)

This is most likely caused by either, WorldGuard (5.2.2), MultiVerse (2.0), or Permissions (3.1.6) PermissionsBukkit.
    EDIT: I turned Permissions 3.1.6 into PermissionsBukkit

I'm completely aware that this problem may be due to outdated plugins, but I can assure that it is not unless they're going to fix it next version.
    I had this problem when I last ran my server ( with updated plugins ) , however I used servercraft and figured out how to turn it off with McMyAdmin, but never could resolve the problem NORMALLY.

So, is there a plugin or SOMETHING that can fix it?

Thanks, I hope I provided enough information.
    - Lildirt

Really? No one is going to help me? :(

EDIT: Edits to the post.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  2. Offline

Tylerjd

I have that same exact error. I am currently running McMyAdmin Pro. Can you give me a list of the plugins you are using? I will see if I can narrow it down by comparing my plugin list with yours...

3. Offline

Lildirt

I've tried running it with Permissions + MultiVerse + WorldGuard alone, and still had this issue.
    I think it's just a generic problem that has various different ways to fix it.

4. Offline

Tylerjd

What craftbukkit build are you on?

5. Offline

SlyCooperMan

Try setting build to true in the config for permissions.

6. Offline

Lildirt

I have "build: true" and "interact: true" (the interact is from McMyAdmin)

I would also like to mention that it happens to everyone, EXCEPT for Operators (OPs)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  7. Offline

Tylerjd

I have the same as All of that. What I am going to try next is to update my craftbukkit build to something higher.

8. Offline

Lildirt

It's just a complete permissions fault, I've had it ever since I first started a server, which was like BETA 1.2_02

9. Offline

Tylerjd

So it is because you are using permissions? Because I am using PermissionsEX and am still getting that...

10. Offline

Lildirt

I'm supposing that it's just a glitch with any kind of Permissions (. I've used Permissions 3.x and PermissionsBukkit (supposively the official book). I'm not completely sure though, it could be a fault in our configuration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.