Would anyone want to help/make this?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by RROD, Jan 27, 2012.

?

Is the idea Yay or Nay?

1. Yay

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Offline

RROD

What is it? Well, it's a Permission Configurator that I've named "CraftBukkit Permission Configuration Wizard"
    (inventive, ikr?).

Basically tonight I've drafted up a few images of what I want it to do and look like. It'd be written like a plugin is made. I've done this upon feedback from here.

The only problem is, *cough*, my lack of skill in Java. I can't do it on my own; if I did, no doubt I'd give up on it. That's why I would prefer a group of 3 or more people to help me.

It's a big ask. Because there are many variables, such as: how each one configure themselves; writing it so devs can give it details on their plugin, etc.

So here are the screenshots I've made tonight. As much as I'd like to stick to this design as much as possible, I'm up for tweaks where needed.

In simple terms? It's a Permissions Config GUI.

Oh, and I also have the permission to use the name CraftBukkit as long as it doesn't look like an official plugin.

If it currently look like that, I will change it. No doubt the Icon (top-left) will have to go.

Anyone who wishes to contribute and has a better understanding of Java than I, PM me.

Many Thanks.
    -RROD
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MuisYa likes this.
  2. Offline

MuisYa

Whouw, amazing project. I wont join tough.
    And is it really worth all the effort, since im just using McMyAdmin on my server.
    Which already provides this function. It looks awesome tough!

3. Offline

RROD

Well not all people want McMyAdmin because it's hosted to and from a Web Server, which some people don't get access to.
    Having said that, a lot of people don't have access to the root, and so wouldn't be able to see the GUI.
    But yet again, there are many people who want easier configuration just so they can play with their friends on a non-dedi machine (usually home pcs).

4. Offline

MuisYa

True! But you got the GUI's done already now you only need to add ActionListeners or?
    RROD

5. Offline

RROD

They're only images believe it or not. I drafted it in Fireworks CS5.
    EDIT: I've ran some basic GUI tests though to see if CraftBukkit can handle it. All seems to be good.

6. Offline

MuisYa

RROD Hahahahahaha, whooooow!

7. Offline

RROD

So nobody, eh?

8. Offline

RROD

Absolutely sure nobody wants it?
    *Silence*
    Hmm, I didn't expect that.

9. Offline

codename_B

I've already got this done (pretty much) for bPermissions

10. Offline

RROD

You have? Using commands, I believe?

11. Offline

codename_B

Have you not seen the bPermissionsWebGUI? It's not got the "prefilled" permissions bit, but it has the gui bit nailed down.

[​IMG]

RROD likes this.
  12. Offline

MuisYa

codename_B Also didnt know that excisted! Looks great for those 11 year old kids who are not able to set up permissions. Hihi :3

I mean, nicely done. Hahaha

codename_B likes this.
  13. Offline

RROD

So really I won't need this. Thanks.