Question WorldGuard Regions

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Bozella, Jul 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Bozella

Hey guys, had a quick question since the dev didn't seem like he would be too much help regardless. I'm currently making a factions server and I would like a floating spawn, the players then exit by jumping off, landing and running away or pvping at the bottom. I asked the dev if there was any issues within the world guard flag, and also mentioned that I'm using the 6.2 version. He proceeded to tell me that "the flag works" and used his discord bot to auto reply to me stating that old versions aren't supported. I then replied back stating that in the 6.1 update the change log states that "Added a fall-damage flag to control player damage caused by falling." and it was odd to me the newer version wont accept the flag. He then replied to me that I should learn how to read, I reply and tell him that I hope his day gets better and he tells me to cut the attitude and I return with " No attitude just your passive aggressiveness." I was then banned from the discord.

Things I've tried-
    Making two regions, one for actual spawn, the other of spawn but just for the fall damage.
    Making one region and making the flag.
    Testing the region flag all together.

Perfect world, players jump down, receive no fall damage, can pvp., but no pvp at the top on spawn.

If anyone has any advice, help, or knowledge please let me know, thanks!

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Bozella And what is the question? Because the first block just complains about the dev.

3. Offline

Bozella

@timtower Hey buddy, my question is what would be the best way about it? I want a spawn they can jump off of without taking fall damage, but then obviously out of spawn I want the fall damage to be as normal.

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Bozella Make an area below spawn, make it flat so they can't fall further there.

5. Offline

MPG1

I've seen some pvp servers even use the vanilla way(water). Seems like if you can integrate water into your spawn, it could look nice and work.

If you really want to use WG, make 1 region (spawn) and turn pvp off. Set the weight really high(maybe 5).
    Make another region directly below, but not intersecting with spawn, turn fall damage off and pvp on. (weight 4).
    Set __global__ to pvp on. (weight 1)

Hope this answers question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.