WorldGuard - Regions within Region?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by TrinaryAtom, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TrinaryAtom

I know how to define regions and that basically keeps someone from tampering with that area.
    But
    How do i setup a "town" region kinda thing.
    For example: Make a Gigantic region can call it "Town" then that region is ONLY a PvP Free Area and no Monster Spawner.
    All the Regions within the "Town" region is free to do anything with it as they wish. E.g, locked or unlocked and setup per creator.

i think after a i create a region... i use flag 'passthrough' .. right?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  2. Offline

Bakuhatsu

To have a region within a region, use the "parent"... I always edit files manually but I believe it's setparent or something?.. and the parent ofc being "town".

3. Offline

TrinaryAtom

Well i managed to get it with the pass through flag actually. But i have raised two more questions.

What is parent actually used for?

And how do i keep regions (except "town") from coming in contact with each other. So that way someone cant lock someone elses creation with a region.

4. Offline

FrAz

@TrinaryAtom
    Parents in World Guard work like this: ( as far as I know, don't quote )
    You can create two zones, and if you set the parent of one with certain flags, those should be passed down.
    For example, I have Town, and House, two regions: One covers the main area, the other covers a specific area inside that area.

Town has flags: pvp-deny, tnt-deny
    House has flags: pvp-allow, mob-damage-allow
    If you set Town as the parent of House, whatever the parent has should overwrite or add to the child region:
    House now should have: pvp-deny, tnt-deny, mob-damage-allow.

Not everyone should have permissions to make regions, only put people you know or trust or just yourself with them, and if someone asks, as long as its their build then do it.
    Or just not let them add a parent by not giving them the permissions node.

Also, you can /addmember and /addowner to regions aswell.

Hope I helped.

5. Offline

TrinaryAtom

Thank you for the information download FrAz
    That concludes this topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.