[WORLDGUARD] How to make it so that players may only build within their regions?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Norgad, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Norgad

Pretty self explanatory, but I'm making a creative server and I'd like players to have to set their regions before they start building.

Bonus question: Make it so that players can't set regions within others' regions? (Or is this the default behavior?)

I hate to bump, but... bump.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  2. Offline

Bobcat00

That's the default. From http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldGuard/Regions/Flags
    "By default no one can build in a region until you use addowner/addmember to add a player to the region."

In case it isn't clear: Do NOT use the 'build' flag!

EDIT: Having players set their own regions is going to be problematic. I don't know if the available permissions will support this.

3. Offline

JWhy

/region flag __global__ construct deny

That should work well with claim volume: http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldGuard/Configuration/Bukkit

4. Offline

Onionbro

Grief-Prevention has a creative mode which only allows players to build inside of claims. It is easier than WG for the average person to use.

GP is far easier for user-based area protection. WG is great for admin purposes.

5. Offline

xTrollxDudex

Norgad
    I think Essentials Protect has permissions based regions

it doesnt actually.

necrodoom
    Oh.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2019
  6. Offline

obscurehero

Norgad - If you still want to use WG. Try to deny build in the global region using
    Code:
    /rg flag __global__ build none
    New regions should then have greater priority than global and when defined will allow players to build. However, it's probably better to use something like PlotMe, GriefPrevention, or another plot-based alternative. If its just you and a few friends, then WG will work fine but scaling up to anything with more production needs, you really should go to a more complete solution.

JWhy - 'construct' is deprecated? At least that's what the wiki says.

7. Offline

JWhy

Didn't know it was deprecated, thanks for the tip!

^ that's
    /rg flag __global__ build deny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.