Solved WorldEdit + WorldGuard - No //sel cyl?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by jflory7, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jflory7

Hello Bukkit forums,

I was messing around with some WorldGuard today, and I wanted to protect a cylindrical region inside of another region to enable PvP. Now, I know how to set a region inside of another, so HOW to do it is not my question, but rather, how to use the "//sel cyl" regions with WorldGuard.

Every time I try defining a new region with the cylindrical region I have selected, it comes up and tells me to "Select a region with WorldEdit first." Verbatim. So it's either WorldGuard doesn't support cylindrical regions, or there's something I need to do differently to make them compatible.

See this thread on the Minecraft forums for someone asking the same thing if this post didn't make sense: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1051744-world-edit-world-guard-not-working-correctly/

Thank you in advance!

2. Offline

tumbleshack

Did you see this from worldedit/worldguard's wiki?

3. Offline

jflory7

Sorry for the late response.

I ended up asking the WorldEdit / WorldGuard developers on their live chat. It turns out that the only region selection modes compatible with WorldGuard at this time are cuboid and polygon selections. He did say there were plans to incorporate others (like cylinder selections) into WorldGuard in the future, but there is no known timeframe for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.