Withdrawable Exp

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by bionicangel1098, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bionicangel1098

Plugin category: Mechanics

Suggested name: WithdrawExp

What I want: When a player types /withdraw [amount in levels] it will withdraw as many levels as they want and convert it to exp and store it into an exp bottle. The exp bottle will then have a lore of how much exp it has stored in it. Then if you use it it'll give you your levels back
    Not enough levels send a message to inform them.

Ideas for commands: /withdraw

Ideas for permissions: withdraw.use

When I'd like it by: Anytime

2. Offline

oceantheskatr

I'd like to say that it should be actual exp, not levels. This is so that players can't just go to 10 four times (and store it every 10) and get 40 levels super easily.

To get to level 40 it's 2920xp, to get to 10 four times it's 640xp, that's a pretty big difference.
    Source: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Experience#Leveling_up

That is why it should store actual exp instead of levels ;)

3. Offline

mcdorli

I think this is a bad idea, because of how the enchanting potions work. It doesn't give you a set amount of xp, instead 3-11 pieces. That means, that if you convert your xp into 100 bottles, you can later get from 300 xp to 1100 xp. If you use up all of them, when you doesn't have any xp, you get from lvl 0 to ca. level 15 (a bit under it) or to lvl 27. That's a huge difference, and i don't think, you can set, how many xp will drop from a bottle.

4. Offline

bionicangel1098

5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Outdated doesn't mean broken till proven otherwise.

6. Offline

bionicangel1098

outdated as in the plugin doesn't work 100%

7. Offline

And in which way? Errors? Broken functionality? Are those reported to the developer?

8. Offline

bionicangel1098

Last update was over a year ago, i don't think they're getting on any time soon. And there's no errors. Just xp in the jar when you try to put xp in a bottle you have to drink it, i've looked at the code and found nothing wrong. But idk what's exactly wrong with it, you can give it a go if you want.

9. Offline

I have plugins from years and years ago, working fine, if somebody reports a bug then I will be happy to fix it, so that isn't really a reason without trying.

10. Offline

bionicangel1098

"Takes their levels and converts it into exp" I said that directly in my post. If they're level 123 it'll take all their exp and store it in the bottle. Then the lore will tell you how much exp is in the bottle.

11. Offline

oceantheskatr

Ahh, I had seen [amount in levels] and wrote my comment :p I'm not sure how one would write this plugin, as I'm not sure how to get the amount of exp that is between your level and how much you want to take out. Oh well, hopefully someone knows!

12. Offline

tkuiyeager1

@bionicangel1098 i will try to make it but im not promise i will succeed. also you want the exp will be in levels or in actual exp pieces?

EDIT:
    Sorry @bionicangel1098 i tried to make it but i dont know how to do it. Sorry.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  13. Offline

bionicangel1098

14. Offline

mcdorli

You can calculate, how much xp you need to reach a certain level, you just need some if...else statements, but i don't know how to change the a the amount of what an xp bottle drops. If anybody could say that to me, i would make the plugin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.