[WIP] NPCBankers - Runescape styled banks! With NPC's

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by TruDan, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin Name: NPCBankers - Runescape styled banks!
    Plugin Author(s): TruDan
    Source (GitHub): https://github.com/TruDan/NPCBankers

What does this plugin do?
    It uses the plugin Citizens for the NPC's and when you create a Banker NPC, when you right click them they will open a double-chest inventory window which you can then transfer items into. You can access this inventory from any other Banker NPC. These are Per-Player. Also admin commands to view other user's bank inventories.

Development Status: 20%

TODO:
    - Successfully link Citizens (having issues with the API (To use /toggle Banker and other Citizen commands, and the fact it is a hell of alot easier to code ;)))
    - Create the Inventory interface work for all users
    - Make admin commands work by "pertending" to be the other player
    - Config?
    - Method to save/read inventories

If you would like to assist in this project, Add me on skype: dan.spiteri97 Or PM me!

Zino and Virtualium like this.
  2. Offline

Tauryuu

Looks cool. Can't wait!

3. Offline

p000ison

Sounds great. ;)

Also a Bank for Items, or?

4. Offline

Seta

sounds nice :D

5. Yes, a bank of items. it will make the NPC act like a personal Double-chest

6. Offline

gameswereus

I can't wait until it's finished. Can you have a huge bank inventory?

Idea, add permissions and make it so each group can have more slots then the last, configurable of course :p

7. Not sure how i would. I can do:
    Standard Chest size (3x9)
    Or Large Chest size (6x9)

8. Offline

gameswereus

What about with Spout? I'm not sure if it supports such a thing yet, but maybe it's worth a look.

9. I am looking into spout now :p

@gameswereus I do not believe Spout support inventory expanding :( and i wanted to try and keep this plugin with no client mods if possible

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  10. Offline

gameswereus

That's fine! I also think it's best for plugins to be as Independent as possible.

11. Added github link for source code :)
    Feel free to help out ;)

12. Offline

p000ison

But please add support for signs/buttons. So you can storage your items in signs.
    Because may some people don't wand NPCs on their server(I ;))
    Or the Server is too weak.

13. The whole point of this plugin was that it used NPC's
    Lookup "GlobalChestBank" that might be the one you are after

jeffadkins51 likes this.
  14. how far is this plugin?

15. Not far, The citizens api is very hard to work out. There is no documentation for it

16. Offline

Karlkorv

Maybe you can do so it cost money to make an account, or to make your "chest" bigger

17. unfourtantly both of those are outdated. That was the old api, they have now changed it completely and there is a different method of approaching creating npc's and stuff :/

@Karlkorv That is possible, maybe not in the first release but in an update after that.

18. Offline

ZNickq

@TruDan
    The plugin is fairly easy to make, but i wouldn't use Citizens :p
    I can show you how to make your own npcs easily, add me on skype, i'm sddddgjd!

19. @ZNickq i have added you. The reason i wanted to use citizens is because i wanted to have thier features of the waypoints, paths, speech etc too

20. Offline

ZNickq

The normal npc library also has those :p (well, except the speech, but that's easy :))

21. Meh :p

22. Offline

fullwall

@TruDan - I put an *extremely* basic guide to add a new NPC type on the API wiki page.

23. Ahh okay, i just get confused on the bits like when they right click the npc and stuff.

24. so, you can make it work now?
    i pretty much wanna try this plugin...
    i even want to help, but i can't code.

25. I should be able to yes, At the present moment i have assigned my time to try and complete my personal website sirdrakeheart.com as you will see there are many errors on there that need fixing and updating :)

26. it's a nice website.

27. Offline

Waffletastic

Where did you get this idea? Because my server has been working on a plugin exactly like this for a while now.

28. From Runescape, As in the title ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.