[WIP/Concept] YAHG - A hunger games-style plugin with everything.

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Sushi, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Sushi

There are many hunger games plugins, but they all carry different functionality. Some have sponsorships, some have automated chest reloading, and some have statistics, but none of the former. I want to make a hunger games plugin with everything. The CommandBook of hunger games plugins, I guess.

Part of the reason I want to make this is that I have already written a hunger games plugin for my friend's server, but that's a private plugin that only has around half of the functionality that I want to implement, and it isn't going to see the light of day.

Also, some of these plugins don't always keep in line with the canon of the Hunger Games series. I would like to write a Hunger Games plugin with a crapload of functionality, but gets it right. Also, I wouldn't mind making it with some other people. o3o

This plugin would have some cool features (features that I've already written in the private plugin are starred. I would rewrite these):
    • *Punishments in the manner of the hunger games books (spawn lava around a player to force them into a direction, etc)
    • Border Protection
    • *Flymode Spectate
    • *Automation or not
    • Web Statistics (Databases are not required at all unless web statistics are used)
    • *Get special tags in-game (alive/dead)
    • */alive
    • Chat channels (no need to private chat)
    • *Chest restocking
    • *Block certain blocks from being broken
    • *Heal all in hunger games world
    • *Clear inventory and armor slots in hunger games world
    • *PvP toggling
    • Multiworld support
    • Multiarena support (maybeeee)
    • *Economy based sponsorships (you can gain currency in a basic embedded economy for killing tributes and then spend them to sponsor players once you die)
    • Automated arena/chest resetting
    • *Teleport all players to starting positions
    • * for SG2 Preset configurations for popular survival games map that contain data such as starting positions, chests, etc. (survival games 1, survival games 2, etc.)
    • *Special chat channel for gamemakers
    • *Special emphasized chat for gamemakers
    • Rules command to view hunger games rules
    • Compass that points in the direction of players
    • *Automated monster spawning harassment (hohoho)
    • Integration with factions plugin and worldguard
    • Cannons fire when tribute dies
    • Commands that edit configuration
    • API to create in-game events
    • Configuration system that lets you manually support any map
    • Join command
    • Status signs
    • Force fields
    • *Proximity-based chat
    • Everything is configurable
    Anyone who wants to help me out with this (nothing is written yet) will get the source code of the private plugin I made. Just be aware that it's a clusterfuck and everything is hard-coded, which seems to happen whenever I write a custom plugin.

2. Offline

Double0negative

Do we really need another hunger games plugin? Other then my plugin (im not saying this just because i dont want competition) Which can already do nearly everything listed, and pretty much the rest is in the works, there are at least 10 other ones already out there.

3. Offline

Sushi

Yours isn't open-source doe/it is under a proprietary license.

4. Offline

Omnitv

As much as it pains me to look at another Hunger Games plugin. You do have a point to add in all the features needed in a Hunger Games situation, into one single plugin instead of server owners looking up others.
    Might I add something? For all points stated above, It would be a good idea to turn off some of the modules/features such as (Mind you I am an apprentice of a textbook in coding)
    example:
    Punish:[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
    disable-module=true
    Force_Fields:

disable-module=false
    [/PHP]
    Something like that. That way if the server operator does not like a certain function of the plugin they can just simply turn it off. Essentials lacks that capability (thus my hatred of em continues).
    Many of the hunger games videos I have seen always has an issue after a player has died.
    This is a long list of features for this particular Hunger Games plugin but it is necessary, because some consumers may feel that a certain type of Hunger Games plugin that they feel is necessary like spectating.
    This is all good in theory but will it be a pain in the botox to code?
    Will the consumer find it too complex?
    Stuff like that needs to be taken into consideration.
    I Highly support the creation of this plugin.

I revised your feature list it is daunting, and some marked in Italics with a [?] needs more clarification.
    Marked in [+1] I definitely like.
    I slightly modified those im bold too, to me more specific and clear.
    And comments are in brackets.

• [*]Punish [in the manner of the hunger games books (spawn lava around a player to force them into a direction, etc) ]
      [*]Border Protection [+1]
      [*]Flying w/survial (*Flymode Spectate)
      [*]*Automation or not [+1]
      [*]Web Statistics (Databases are not required at all unless web statistics are used)
      [*]Instant suffix (alive/dead)
      [*]*/alive [?]
      [*]Private Chat channels (no need to private chat, or skype)
      [*]World/region/area restock (*Chest restocking/or types of chests ie: night 2 chest) [+1]
      [*]Block protection (*Block certain blocks from being broken.)
      [*]Heal all [In the Hunger Games world]
      [*]Cleaed inventory and armor slots when entering a hunger games world. [+1]
      [*]PvP toggling [+1]
      [*]Multiworld support [+1]
      [*]Multiarena support (maybeeee) [Dont Think this is a good idea]
      [*]*Economy based sponsorships (you can gain currency in a basic embedded economy for killing tributes and then spend them to sponsor players once you die) [?]
      [*]Automated arena/chest resetting [+1]
      [*]Teleport all (all players to starting positions or specific location) [+1]
      [*]* for SG2 Preset configurations for popular survival games map that contain data such as starting positions, chests, etc. (survival games 1, survival games 2, etc.) [?]
      [*]*Special chat channel for gamemakers [Dont Think this is a good idea] [?]
      [*]*Special emphasized chat for gamemakers [Dont Think this is a good idea] [?]
      [*]Hunger Games Broadcast Rules [Rules broadcasted in chat]
      [*]Compass that points in the direction of players [+1][so a player in a large map does not get lost]
      [*]Automated monster spawning harassment (hohoho) [+10] :3
      [*]Integration with factions plugin and worldguard [+1]
      [*]Cannons fire when tribute dies [When a player dies?]
      [*]Commands that edit configuration [+1]
      [*]API to create in-game events [+1]
      [*]Configuration system that lets you manually support any map [+1]
      [*]Join command [?]
      [*]Status signs [Player status on a sign? ie: Health 30/100 , Hunger 20/100] [?]
      [*]Force fields [Definitely a plus rather than using a glass dome. =_= ] [+!]
      [*]Range Based chat (Proximity-based chat, much like when you are yelling other people near by can hear)

5. Offline

Sushi

Kay. I've already written a few hunger games plugins, so if I have to write this myself it will be a long while until it comes out, haha. (I'm working on a few private plugins currently)

6. Offline

Omnitv

Shure shure, just giving my opinion.

Ye, Sushi You stalk the plugin development section and requests, while I Stalk the help and Off topic.

7. Offline

Sushi

:3

Omnitv likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.