Wild Teleport to Selected Biome

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by fritzpeace, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

fritzpeace

Hello Guys,

I own a survival server, which is small but growing fast at the moment.
    I would like to know if there is any way to have a Wild Teleport plugin, that will teleport you to a specific biome.
    If this is possible, I would like to know if a few additions would be possible, like:
    -Press a sign to teleport to a biome of your choice
    -Needs permission to use certain biome sign, therefore normal players will have limited options,
    -Uses money to teleport to a biome.

I have searched for but haven't found any plugins that would have this function. I can help give further information about what I want in the plugin.
    I am aware bukkit and minecraft do have limited api, and am not sure if this is possible, due to large complexity.

Thanks for your help and your attention,

Best regards,
    Fritz

2. Offline

Binner_Done

3. Offline

fritzpeace

I already saw this plugin, however permissions are really vague. I would need a way to give a specific biome to someone, and even amount of uses allowed. I will see if the plugin dev could add some of the features.

4. Offline

Binner_Done

As I said though, you could use it temporarily, just give the permission to players who you trust (The ones who are allowed to tp to every biome)

5. Offline

fritzpeace

I understand, but these players I trust are the ones that need this plugin the less. The plugin doesn't seem to be in further development, therefore I am pretty sure the dev. will not add certain functionalities.

However thanks, this tool will help me find the mesa and the mushroom :p

6. Offline

Binner_Done

@fritzpeace Okay, I found something that said it actually can't be done

That guy is right, it can't be done. I assume you want to tp to a certain biome because you haven't found it yet. If that's the case, it hasn't been generated yet. If it hasn't been generated then the computer doesn't even it can exist. The only way you could do this would be to have minecraft start generating terrain after you ran the command, and check the biome of every chunk it created and teleport you to the first one it found. This would take a lot of resources because you're not generating chunks as you explore, you're asking to generate in all directions until it finds something. If the biome is very rare, this could take a long time. Additionally, if all the newly generated terrain were held in memory, it would fill up the RAM. MAYBE you could implement this in such a way to generate a ring around the edge of the map, 1 chunk wide. This expanding circle would be checked for the right biome, then unloaded from memory and the next ring would be made. But even this would run into CPU and memory issues as the circumference, and number of chunks, increased.

7. Offline

fritzpeace

Is this process a 1 time process or not? Would you do this once, and then the server would store all biomes, and keep them for further usage?
    If this is done, it would be really interesting since it would allow people to find the biome they want!
    I cannot even imagine what I would have done if I could find the good biomes I wanted when I wanted, them, it would be simply awesome.

8. Offline

fritzpeace

9. Offline

fritzpeace

Bumpy bump!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.