Why... does this Bad Packet Id Error Keep Coming Back

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Lanuk, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Lanuk

Okay, so I posted my error that happened every now and then and didn't seem to do much to the server which looked like this:

Code:
    java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 116
    2011-04-22 19:46:20 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Packet.b(Packet.java:84)
    2011-04-22 19:46:20 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.f(NetworkManager.java:130)
    2011-04-22 19:46:20 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.c(NetworkManager.java:229)
    2011-04-22 19:46:20 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkReaderThread.run(SourceFile:68)
    a while ago and was told MULTIPLE times that it would be fixed when I updated from cb677 to a 1.5 cb version. I did just that (cb 733) today, and kept getting the error. Here is some more information:

I have 64-bit Windows 7, latest 64-bit java, I am running no wrappers, I am running cb 733, I am using WorldEdit, WorldGuard, Essentials, Vanish, LyTreeHelper, mcMMO, NoCheat, iChat, Factions, BColoredChat, HeroicDeath, Permissions, PermissionsPlus, and WhichMob.

Why is this happening? What does it mean?! Help would be appreciated :/

EDIT: THIS ERROR ONLY OCCURS WHEN I TRY TO LOG IN! Actually, I cannot log in at all! I keep getting end of stream. All my players can log in fine, but when I try all I get is the error above and an end of stream. I have tried redownloading Minecraft, restarting the client, etc. What should I do?

Oh, I have also tried deleting my .minecraft folder and remaking it by starting the game again.

2. Offline

ghostsoldier23

I suppose you could try removing each wrapper except for one and try running the server with one installed. Do this for every plugin. Sort of time consuming but could be helpful if you can find the time.

3. Offline

Lanuk

Well I don't think it has to do with my plugins anymore... It seems to be my computer...

4. Offline

MrDylan

Okay, you contradict yourself. You said you updated to 733 but then in your information you said youre running 670

Which version of craftbukkit are you running?

5. Offline

EwMeep

Same for me, im using 733

6. Offline

Lanuk

Sorry if that was a bit confusing, I am using 733... and also, the most annoying thing just happened. I tried logging in with my other computer (that runs Linux), and I got the same errors. I am REALLY annoyed now.

Ahh this is great, I cannot log in to my own server as well as one or two other members, but the rest get in fine... lets hope my moderators can access the server at least :/

EDIT: By the way, is Minecraft at 1.5_02? Because my game shows 1.5_01...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  7. Offline

MrDylan

Do you have any network connection tools on your computer?
    Ie hamatchi?
    Im not asking if your using it for the server, just in general if you have any network tools installed

8. Offline

Ahfaichucky

In theory since port 25565 is used, you cant log in cause that port is already used if you are trying to run minecraft on the same computer as your server, try changing server's port..

9. Offline

Lanuk

OH I DO HAVE HAMACHI! I will get rid of it immediately!

I also use No-IP for my server

EDIT: Deleting Hamachi didn't change anything

10. Offline

MrDylan

Woah woah, I'm not saying Hamachi is the cause of your problem, just in past experiences I have had it mess with my connections.

11. Offline

Lanuk

I tried changing the port from 25565 to 25555. I changed the server properties file as well. Still get the same errors :(

Oh, well anyways we know that that probably isn't the problem anymore :p

Sorry, I am just eager to fix this

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

12. Offline

ghostsoldier23

Some people (like me) run servers on Hamachi. And some poeple (not me) get Bukkit to work with Hamachi. That is what my thread is about.

13. Offline

Ahfaichucky

when you change to 25555 you need to login minecraft with ip:25555

14. Offline

Lanuk

yes, I did that too

15. Offline

MrDylan

Are you playing on the same machine that is hosting the server?

16. Offline

Ahfaichucky

he is obviously

17. Offline

Lanuk

yes I am

Problem solved, I was actually using cb677 all along. Stupid me. Sorry for wasting your guys time :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.