which minecraft vps hosting is the best for now?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by aroeira, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

aroeira

which minecraft vps hosting is the best for now?

2. Offline

afistofirony

I use amazon. No lag whatsoever.

3. Offline

Jonchun

Is there a reason you wanted a VPS over the shared hosting?

4. Offline

aroeira

ony the server of minecraft.

5. Offline

Jonchun

I'm not sure I understand you. You can have shared MC hosting, and VPS MC hosting.

6. Offline

aroeira

What is the diference of shared MC hosting, and VPS MC hosting?

7. Offline

Jonchun

VPS hosting is *usually* for more advanced users who like having full control of every aspect of the server. Shared minecraft hosting is a little more beginner-friendly, but you sacrifice having root access to the server. You instead get only console access and a web gui. It's still suitable for most people though. Most importantly, VPS MC hosting is much more expensive than shared MC hosting.

8. Offline

aroeira

I choose VPS hosting

9. Offline

Clinton

What's your budget? What location do you want? What hypervisor do you prefer?

10. Offline

aroeira

location need be more close to Brazil possible.
    I already used allgamer.net some time, maybe I will use again. Allgamer have minecraft vps servers with windows ?

11. Offline

JjPwN1

FragNET has 11 hosting locations, ranging from the US to Europe/Asia. I have a server from FragNET in Atlanta, GA and a guy from Estonia gets good connections. They use McMyAdmin, and give you FTP access to every server file you can access. So, no limitations. Their prices are not cheap, but not expensive. I'd say around the mid-range. But it is amazing quality and worth it. Go here to get to their site.​
    FragNET​

12. Offline

aroeira

I am using fragnet, It is good yes.

13. Offline

Jonchun

If you look at the link, he's not actually from fragnet. He's just trying to get an affiliate bonus off you lol.

14. Offline

TnT

JjPwN1
    Affiliate links removed. Mentioning the host is good enough.

15. Offline

bluehasia

mclayer.com hosting is great my server runs smooth and the tech support works with your special request they even offer mysql setup support. mclayer just tweeted a few weeks back there one year anniversary

16. Offline

JjPwN1

Did I say I was from FragNET?

17. Offline

aroeira

Jjpwn1 is not beautiful what you did.

18. Offline

JjPwN1

TnT
    Just to ask, as I did not read in the rules affiliates links are prohibited, do they then fall under "Advertising"?

19. Offline

tanveergt5

any Good VPS?

20. Offline

aroeira

21. Offline

MikeA

Well, for VPS I would recommend AllGamer if you want good support, plus they use Xen.

Clinton likes this.
  22. Offline

aroeira

what is "xen" ?

23. Offline

MikeA

Eerm, short explanation:
    • Xen Visualization = Dedicated resources, your RAM isn't shared, the OS libraries aren't shared (with other customers)
    • OpenVZ = Your RAM is shared (burst), the OS libraries are shared with other customers. Mainly hosts oversell OpenVZ, overselling Xen isn't very possible.

24. Offline

aroeira

VPS = XEN

25. Offline

Clinton

Thanks for the mention Mike.

MikeA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.