What is the best economy plugin for 1597?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Nuinbot, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nuinbot

I am looking to add an economy plugin to my server for currency, but it seems that iConomy might just be dead (as it uses Register and not Vault, hasn't seen updates since 1337). Can anyone recommend a good economy plugin, and why? It should be able to cooperate with ChestShop, as that is all I really need it for. Thanks!

2. Offline

Acrobot

I think you don't really understand what Register and Vault are.
    They are "wrappers" for economy systems - you can use any economy plugin that is supported by it.

iConomy 5.0.1 still works for me, but I know BOSEconomy is also good :)

Nuinbot likes this.
  3. Offline

JohnTheRipper

iConomy still works fine, and it's fully compatible with the latest RB as far as I know.

4. Offline

Snipes01

iConomy 6 works with pretty much everything right now. You can have Vault and Register both installed they do not conflict. I've noticed its a mix of plugins that rely on vault or rely on register. Essentials also has an okay with its economy system.

5. Offline

Nuinbot

No, I understand what they do, I just worded it wrong I guess.

I would like to use iConomy, but I do not wish to use decimal values. I want to have integer values (whole numbers) and end them with a 'g' suffix, to indicate the currency as gold. Will iConomy be able to support this? I haven't played with BosEconomy yet. EssentialsEco provides integer values but has a monetary unit prefix, not a suffix. Thanks again for everyone's input!

6. Offline

Sleaker

all good economy plugins support double values. You'll most likely just want to adjust your item prices and display settings to accomodate only wanting integer values. I'd suggest BOSE7 or iCo5 (never used iCo6 as iCo5 has always worked fine for me)

Nuinbot likes this.
  7. Offline

Nuinbot

I understand your comment about the double values, which makes a lot of sense. I have already written out a table for prices, so I think I will stick to integer values to keep it simple for my players.

I tried iConomy 6 but the interest rate was being overridden by the random min/max values, no matter what they were set to (even though interest was the one that was supposed to override). Also, it would not send messages to users when they can accrued interest. I tried downloading iConomy 5, but it just threw errors to the console, where none of the commands were available in game (gave some error message that the plugin was broken or out of date).

I have installed BOSEconomy and am very happy with it. I wish there was a compounding interest option instead of a "wage" system, but it will have to do for now. Testing it with ChestShop, it works extremely well.

Thanks for your input! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.