What happened to mc-dev?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Bone008, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So far all the net.minecraft.server classes that craftbukkit uses were on GitHub on a repo called "mc-dev" (the Craftbukkit repo only contains native classes that were modified).
    https://github.com/Bukkit/mc-dev (it went back up again, everything's fine ;))

But now, it seems like it's gone. Has it just moved or was it actually removed from public? Is it because of the full release of the game that the code may not be accessible any more?

Has anyone information on that?

I really don't like the thought of having to decompile an open-source project ...

2. Offline

iffa

It's always private for a while to make sure Canary doesn't steal the deobfuscated source.

3. I can't remember it ever being private at any time, and I usually need to check source codes quite often after updates. It usually isn't instantly updated, I'm aware of that. But yeah ... You are probably right, it just isn't helpful at all when you are trying to fix/locate cb bugs after updates (when it is most important).

4. Offline

nisovin

They've been doing this for a while now. It's always several weeks after an update before they put mc-dev back up.

5. Offline

xpansive

I was just wondering about this. Currently I'm just decompiling the craftbukkit jar.

6. Offline

saul100

7. Offline

ttfaf

I have a question how do i use the bukkit dev? this is my first update for bukkit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.