Weird Timeout error...

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by killgoblen, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

killgoblen

Ok, so I just started trying to set up a server with bukkit. I use MineOS on a virtual machine on my Macbook Pro. I had used MineOS before hMod died, and it worked fine. But now that it uses bukkit, I have a problem.

My friend can connect to the server just fine, no problems at all. When I asked my other friend to try and connect, he just timed out. (Repeatedly.) My friend and I disconnected and let him try to get on alone (To see if it was my internet's fault), but he still timed out. The same happened with everyone (Well, one other person) who tried to connect, except my one friend. The problem was not on their ends, because they could connect to other servers fine.

So does anyone know what could be causing this? Does this sound like a bukkit problem, or a problem with one of the various other parts of the system?

Thanks for any help!

P.S. The whitelist was not active, and I tried making my friends Ops, but with the same results.
    [MERGETIME="1299959708"][/MERGETIME]
    Ok, so I just started a server with no bukkit, and it turns out it wasn't bukkit's fault; same problems. So, any suggestions? I'll go talk to the MineOS guy, and if it isn't mineOS's fault, then I'll just run around in circles screaming. :D

2. Offline

NotYetRated

I am having the exact same issue on MineOS. Though, I was running fine on Bukkit 440, though now that its updated to 5 something I am having serious lag/time out issues. Lemme know if u find anything!

3. Offline

killgoblen

Well, I tried again without MineOS. Just ran the vanilla server on my laptop. (Yes. A server on a laptop. Do not deny my logic! [​IMG]) Anyway, it ran fine that way in the past, but now I get this error. I'll assume it's minecraft's fault and head to the minecraft forums!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.