Solved Web Server on Plugin with PHP

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MrFrozen, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MrFrozen

Dear bukkit,

What you may know is that Dynmap is running a 'webserver' on the plugin that get listen on the port 8321 (default) and the PHP has communitucation with Java does anyone know witch resources has been used or how it is setup.

Please do not awnser "Check there source" cause the source didnt help me and post that also not as joke Thanks!

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. Offline

MrFrozen

Yea for the communication between PHP and Java. But now how to host that 'webserver' on the plugin ;)

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

5. Offline

MrFrozen

Thanks ill take a look!

Do I neeed to use maven or what...

I took a look and jetty cannot run PHP files.. I want like dynmap running PHP files on a server port that you can choose like in a config. I found out dynmap runs maven.apache.org but I do not know how to use it and install..

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
  6. Offline

mythbusterma

@MrFrozen

Maven is a plugin used to automate the build process, it's probably not going to help you very much.

Why do you need PHP specifically? Java is more than capable of generating webpages.

If you really want a PHP interpreter you're going to have to mess with this: http://quercus.caucho.com/

7. Offline

MrFrozen

Uhm yup Im not a java wonder and Iam a php wonder also I want to use my stuff where im used to with php / css / html so I can combine that.

8. Offline

mythbusterma

@MrFrozen

Well you're going to have to use HTML and CSS because that's the only thing a web browser understands (other than JS, of course).

I don't see your point. I already told you what your options are if you want a self-contained plugin.

For the record, I seriously doubt Dynmap uses PHP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.