Version text changer

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by soshimee, Apr 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

soshimee

Plugin category: version

Minecraft version: 1.14.x if possible, better if supports multiple versions.

Suggested name: Version Text Changer

What I want: Be able to change the version text without changing the protocol version packet. Done by changing it

Ideas for commands: [Optional] /setversiontext - Sets temporary version text, resets to version text on the config.yml when the server restarts
    [Optional] /resetversiontext - Sets the version text to the value in config.yml. Necessary if /setversiontext is made.

Ideas for permissions: vtc.change - Set it to true if the player can change the version text with the /setversiontext command.
    vtc.reset - Set it to true if the player can reset the version text value to the one on config.yml with the /resetversiontext command.

When I'd like it by: In a month (May 6, 2020)

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. Offline

soshimee

There are some plugins to change supported versions, and changing the version text will help the players decide what version to use.

4. Offline

There are normal version numbers there, how can they do that wrong then?

5. Offline

soshimee

So, the plugin I just mentioned enables players to join with a different versions, like 1.10 on 1.14 server. But it doesn’t change the version text (to something like 1.8-1.15.2).

6. Offline

Protocol hacks are not supported by Bukkit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.