Plugin Help Various essential commands don't work. 1.12

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by TortoiseTyler, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TortoiseTyler

So I have recently just updated my server to 1.12, and that required me reinstalling some plugins. After updating the server, I had tried to do /spawn, but it didn't work. I then went onto console to try and get it to work to which this happened: http://prntscr.com/fibzyi
    Another two commands that seem not to work are /kill and /suicide
    Kill: http://prntscr.com/fic0g2
    Show Spoiler
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.event.entity.EntityDamageEvent.<init>(Lorg/bukkit/entity/Entity;Lorg/bukkit/event/entity/EntityDamageEvent$DamageCause;I)V at com.earth2me.essentials.commands.Commandkill.updatePlayer(Commandkill.java:37) ~[Essentials-2.x-SNAPSHOT.jar:?] at com.earth2me.essentials.commands.EssentialsLoopCommand.loopOnlinePlayers(EssentialsLoopCommand.java:132) ~[Essentials-2.x-SNAPSHOT.jar:?] at com.earth2me.essentials.commands.Commandkill.run(Commandkill.java:26) ~[Essentials-2.x-SNAPSHOT.jar:?] at com.earth2me.essentials.commands.EssentialsCommand.run(EssentialsCommand.java:192) ~[Essentials-2.x-SNAPSHOT.jar:?] at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onCommandEssentials(Essentials.java:523) [Essentials-2.x-SNAPSHOT.jar:?] at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onCommand(Essentials.java:402) [Essentials-2.x-SNAPSHOT.jar:?] at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44) [craftbukkit-1.12.jar:git-Bukkit-bb4ae3b] at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:140) [craftbukkit-1.12.jar:git-Bukkit-bb4ae3b] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:622) [craftbukkit-1.12.jar:git-Bukkit-bb4ae3b] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.CraftServer.dispatchServerCommand(CraftServer.java:608) [craftbukkit-1.12.jar:git-Bukkit-bb4ae3b] at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.DedicatedServer.aP(DedicatedServer.java:403) [craftbukkit-1.12.jar:git-Bukkit-bb4ae3b] at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.DedicatedServer.D(DedicatedServer.java:367) [craftbukkit-1.12.jar:git-Bukkit-bb4ae3b] at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.C(MinecraftServer.java:650) [craftbukkit-1.12.jar:git-Bukkit-bb4ae3b] at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:554) [craftbukkit-1.12.jar:git-Bukkit-bb4ae3b] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_112]

(Spoiler is the error message)
    and I don't think I can show the /suicide message, as when I enter it it literally does nothing. It doesn't show anything in chat or console

If it helps, another thing that seems to happen a lot of times is: http://prntscr.com/fic1wk
    The crossed out parts being the server IP.
    I use server.pro, if that helps.

2. Offline

YoloSanta

If your still using the basic essentials on 1.11.X then switch to essentialsX because the older essentials is no longer being supported

3. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@TortoiseTyler
    The error message is saying it cannot find EntityDamageEvent, something that bukkit should still have. Try re-compiling the bukkit jar and see if that fixes the problem.

4. Offline

TortoiseTyler

How exactly do I re-compile the bukkit jar?

5. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@TortoiseTyler
    [Edit] Just saw you are using server.pro. Instead of recompiling, either try doing a full restart of the server to see if that fixes the problem. If that does not work, then try contacting the hosting site and ask them to verify/update the jar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.