Update Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by WitchKing, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

WitchKing

Hey, 1.2.3 just came out, and I need to update my server. Can somebody post a guide on how to do this? Thanks.

2. Offline

JWhy

Sir_BuildAlott likes this.
  3. Offline

mattbears99

where do i replace it

4. Offline

JWhy

Delete the old .jar, move the new .jar into that folder and rename it to the name, the old one had

5. Offline

Bobet124

Can you tell me what to rename it to, because it says Error: Unable to access jarfile.craftbukkit.jar
    Press any key to continue:. ..

6. Offline

guzzcluez

I am runnning my server and i messed it up so i made a new one and when it runs it is still on version 1.1 what do i do?

7. Offline

c0mp

You would rename it to whatever file name your .bat file is pointing to. Based on that error message, your bat file is pointing to craftbukkit.jar, so try renaming it craftbukkit.jar.

You can start by not hijacking someone else's thread. ;)

But there isn't a Recommended Build of CraftBukkit 1.2, so you'll have to wait until it's been released.

JWhy likes this.
  8. Offline

Sir_BuildAlott

9. Offline

Bobet124

10. Offline

JWhy

This URL is for the superawesomeultraomfg-latest bukkit build, so YES, you can use this for a new server. Note, that this may be buggy, so you're only on the safe site when using recommended builds. (Atm there is no recommended build for 1.2, so if you REALLY need to play on 1.2 get the latest build).
    Recommended: http://dl.bukkit.org/latest-rb/craftbukkit.jar
    Superawesomeultraomfg-Latest: http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/get/latest/craftbukkit-dev.jar

Have Fun!

Sir_BuildAlott likes this.
  11. Offline

Sir_BuildAlott

thank you

Would you like to help me with clearing my server land?
    pm me on my profile if so.. I really need help

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.