Update Message (Without spigot)

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Supergrupgr, Aug 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Supergrupgr

So you know how when you join your server some plugins tell you that you need to update? Well they normally use spigot, I need to know if I can do that with bukkit instead, I don't upload my plugins to spigot and don't really want to, and I don't wanna buy a database so I can do it on my own, I already know how to check if the player is an operator, and how to get when they join, I just need to be able to get if there's a new version available on bukkit.

2. Offline

Strahan

I dunno if it's still around, but bukget could be leveraged. Oh, nevermind, their page said it shut down. Well, worst comes to worst, you could scrape your plugin's Bukkit /files page and parse it. I never tried it in Java, but in C# I can load downloaded HTML into an HtmlDocument object and easily parse it. By parsing I mean like getting elements by tags, checking attributes/classes, etc not if (readingLine.toLowerCase().indexOf("<td") > -1) type of crap. That kind of String parsing of HTML blows, but I'm sure Java has some sort of DOM manipulator.

But why not just use Spigot? They have a pretty good system already and you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

3. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.