UPDATE! Fishingrod Grapple HELP NEEDED

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Steam Engines, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Offline

Steam Engines

UPDATED: I have re-written this to be less n00bish :3

A bit about me: I run a decently sized server and I'm looking for new ways to have fun with members.

What I want: I would like a plugin that uses a fishing rod as a grappling hook. What I was thinking was, you throw the rod and when you reel it in you zip over to the block that the hook landed on.

Commands: /grapple on /grapple off (used to turn on and off the grapple function)

Pemissions: a permission allowing the use of the /grapple on command

When I'd like it by: whenever, sooner = better

Thanks,
    Steam

2. Offline

np98765

I believe that it's possible. If not, you're probably going to need Spout.

But, I don't really know what you're asking for. You said a grappling hook... You're going to need to give some more details and format your post.

G'luck!

3. Offline

Steam Engines

Sorry, I'm new and this was my first post :3
    Anyway, what I was thinking was, you throw the rod and when you reel it in you zip over to the block that the hook landed on. Did that make more sense?

4. Offline

izak12345678910

Still please edit your first post and format it like what permissions what commands ect. It makes it easier

5. Offline

np98765

Ok, so that's about what I was thinking. The only problem is, I don't know how smooth or realistic the "zipping" over to the block will be. It'd probably just be a teleport, or really choppy motion.

6. Offline

izak12345678910

Most likely like the other plugins that do grappling with strings and arrows but if using a fishing rod you can probably use the little line it has

7. Offline

Steam Engines

I realized when i posted this I probably wouldn't get a smooth motion going up, but if it's possible that would be great!

8. Offline

izak12345678910

So like a teleport to where you point? Why not format it and say how you want it like a teleport to where you look and it activates the fishing rod to grapple when you type /whatevercommand and only people with whatevercommand.youwant(Or Dev wants) can use it.

9. Offline

Steam Engines

I'm not sure I understood that. Are you saying you type a command, the fishing rod flys, and you go the that location. I actually don't care if it has permissions, I just want to use the rod to grapple

10. Offline

np98765

He was just saying to add in a "commands" and "permissions" section. How do you want to use the grappling hook? Only you? Ops only? Everyone?

11. Offline

Steam Engines

Everyone please :3

So could someone possibly make this? :s

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  12. Offline

codename_B

Some kind of vector thing would be fun... but its REALLY gonna hurt whenever you land :p

13. Offline

Steam Engines

How much hurt? Also, does this mean you are interested in creating this plugin??? :D
    (if anyone else is interested I would really like someone to work on this :3)

14. Offline

izak12345678910

It doesn't need to hurt there are other grapple pulgins that you wouldn't take damage

15. Offline

Steam Engines

So are there existing fishingrod grapple plugins?

16. Offline

XbannisherX

you could make the player god for 3 sec , and for the flying, i think using vector would be great, and smooth is also possible with vector

17. Offline

Steam Engines

Sounds awesome!!! :D Could you make it?

18. Offline

izak12345678910

No there are strings and arrow grapple hooks