Unvisited chunks decay over time.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Nytemare3701, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Offline

Nytemare3701

I've been tossing around this plugin concept for a while now, and the players on my server want to see it happen. It's a decay plugin that counts how long it has been since the last visit to a chunk and decays the structures accordingly. Configurable features include:

• Rate of decay (measured in weeks/months, so nobody loses a roof because they went on vacation)
    • Decayable blocks (Natural blocks would be safe by default, and the default decayables would be planks/cobble)

Example of use:

If nobody visits a chunk for X time, the next person to visit would trigger X cycles of decay, eroding the building from the top down and growing moss on cobblestone from the bottom up. It would need cobble touching grass or water to get started, then would creep from then on.

Edit: As a bonus, those ugly cobble boxes would decay completely over time, except for tasteful bits of mossy cobble ruins.

2. Offline

Hafnium

I like this a lot. It wouldn't work on the server I run, wouldn't fit our play style, but I do like this.

The erode could be triggered on a chunk load event. You'd have to save the last time a chunk was unloaded somehow, and then calculate how many erode cycles a chunk needed. The probability that a unnatural wood/cloth block would decay would decrease from top to bottom, but increase for the amount of time the chunk was unloaded. The probability that cobble would turn to mossy cobble would decrease from bottom to top, but steadily increase over time. Hmm.

I will do some tests to see how long it takes to iterate through the chunk and run an erode process.

3. Offline

Greenops

This does sound pretty nice, I like this too. But i would like to see an option to turn it on and off for each world individually, I would like this on my survival world, but not my creative world (using multiverse plugin)