Problem/Bug Two servers one client?!?!?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by mine-care, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mine-care

Hello bukkit comunity,
    Today i encouraged a VERRY VERRY strange bug. i have 2 servers, one hosted in france and another one hosted on my pc (it is a test server for my plugins) these servers have nothing in common. in my minecraft multyplayer section they are one next to another so as i attempted to join my local test server i clicked the other one, in the "Downloading terain" screen i realised it and clicked cancel, When i was disconnected, i saw in the server list 1 player in and that player seemed to be me. I ignored it and joined the local server, in the local server things where going crasy like it was night and every few ticks it would change to day and back to night, i was waking through blocks and my chat would receive messages from the other server i joined before by mistake! so essentially both servers where sending me packets!!!!!
    I am using Craftbukkit 1.7.4,
    Local server plugins: Essentials, -one custom plugin-
    Server in france plugins: Essentials, AutoMessager, -4 custom plugins-
    Have you ever experienced this before?

2. Offline

shades161

@mine-care It's probably just a client side bug, and since none of the servers reported errors (assuming thats why you didnt put up an error log) then the servers were running like normal and the client glitched.

3. Offline

mine-care

If that is the case then this is an issue of concern, I'll check I if it happened in 1.8 and if so it can be an exploit! A server can send packets to flaunts even if they are not connected in it and manipulate them :O

4. Offline

Googlelover1234

@mine-care
    This has occured with me on numerous occasions. I assume this has happened to others before as well, and I think someone would've found a way to "exploit" it since then.

5. Offline

mine-care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.