[TUTORIAL] Port Forwarding (For Windows)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Supersam654, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Mapatti

That is because minecraft.net is down.

2. Offline

Supersam654

Yes, @Mapatti is completely right. However, if your friend got to that screen, then it probably works.

3. Offline

TurtleGilmore

My friend just gets ''Connecting to server'' for a while.
    I'll try when MC.net is back up

Nope, they just get Connecting to Server.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  4. Offline

DivineKyuuji

I need some help, and I don't really want to post in another thread to get help, but I can't create threads. Well I create a thread, but I can't actually go into the thread, it says it has a problem redirecting or something like that. And seeing as both threads have no views I'm guessing no one else can go into it either. And I know it's not just me because I can enter other threads just fine like this one.

Does anyone know why it might be doing this? I create the thread then it tries redirects me to the page but it can't redirect me there. But it did create it because it posted my thread in the forums.​

5. Offline

TurtleGilmore

Talk to staff.

6. Offline

Mapatti

I sent PM to @lukegb earlier today but didn't receive reply yet.Try send PMs to staff online.

7. Offline

chernobyl360

so how do i properly port forward verizon internet? i have a westell 7500 modem. ive followed other tutorials for verizon service but i cant get it to work. i think verizon has some type of block on opening ports.

8. Offline

Supersam654

That would not surprise me.

@DivineKyuuji try creating another account and see if the problem continues.

@Mapatti only send things to Bukkit admins when it is absolutely necessary (which is basically never). They are super busy and have very little time on their hands to deal with problems like this. When in doubt, try getting in touch with a Mod (like plague or TnT). If they can't help you, then they might tell an admin about this, but you should almost NEVER tag an admin or send them a PM.

9. Offline

Priizon

It worked. Now I can make threads. What would have been wrong with my other account that posting threads would be bugged?

10. Offline

TurtleGilmore

My friends just get Connecting to Server.

11. Offline

Supersam654

Absolutely no idea, but it's solved now :)

What happens when you try connecting to the server? Also, what IP address do you use to connect to your server?

12. Offline

TurtleGilmore

It lets me connect,
    I gave them my IPv4..

13. Offline

Mapatti

Can you connect with your external IP address?

14. Offline

TurtleGilmore

I don't even know what that is, I'm new to Portforwarding and servers ect.

15. Offline

Mapatti

External means IP address that you get when you go www.whatismyip.com and internal IP is that one you have in LAN.

16. Offline

TurtleGilmore

Nope, I can't connect with it.

SKY is a really awkward router to have, It's not on any sites.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

17. Offline

Mapatti

18. Offline

Supersam654

For starters, your friends will only be able to connect with your external IP (see @Mapatti 's post above). I think that you have a static internal IP address. This means that today, it could be 192.168.1.5, but tomorrow it might be 192.168.1.6. Because of this, you should probably go back through the original post and make sure that you port forwarded to the correct INTERNAL ip address.

19. Offline

Mapatti

Its possible to put static IP address throught windows control panel so DHCP wont affect it.

20. Offline

TurtleGilmore

Yes my IP has changed today, I portforwarded with the IPv4, Just like I was told to is there anyway I can stop it being static?

This is all really confusing for me.

21. Offline

Mapatti

22. Offline

TurtleGilmore

I'm using Windows 7, this doesn't seem to be on the same basis.

23. Offline

Mapatti

24. Offline

TurtleGilmore

Would either of you be happy to come on TeamViewer and help me?
    I'm rather confused.

25. Offline

Mapatti

Sure, PM me.

26. Offline

SovereigN_

So here's where I am stuck at. I'm not too sure where to insert 25565 and my IP. Untitled.png

27. Offline

Mapatti

Code:
    You need add 2 Definitions:
    Name: MinecraftTCP
    Protocol TCP
    Port From25565 to 25565
    Timeout 86400
    And second

Code:
    Name: MinecraftUDP
    Protocol UDP
    Port From25565 to 25565
    Timeout 600
    These adds only firewall exception so you need to portforward too.

28. Offline

SovereigN_

Thank you for the assistance so far. So I made a TCP one and UDP one and added it to my Hosted Applications for my computer so far. (I'm assuming that's what I do). Do you know where I should go to Portforward? I am still lost. :<

29. Offline

Mapatti

Which model is your router?

30. Offline

SovereigN_

It's a 2WIRE 3800HGV-B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.