[TUTORIAL] How to make a CraftBukkit Server on a Mac 10.5.8

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Windwaker, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Windwaker

Hey mac users,

I seen a lot of people inquiring about this and not much support so I decided to create a tutorial for it. For those of you who don't know CraftBukkit requires Java v6 which is not meant to be used on a Mac 1o.5.8. This tutorial will teach you how to install and run CraftBukkit, without fault on your Mac 10.5.8!

1. Download the latest CraftBukkit build
    2. Rename craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar to craftbukkit.jar
    3. Create a new folder called "CraftBukkit" on your desktop and place craftbukkit.jar in it.
    4. REMEMBER TO PORT FORWARD! (I will not help with this due to the fact this works on a 'case-to-case' basis.)
    5. Download this Java Update for Mac
    6. Install
    7. Go to "spotlight" (magnifying glass in the top right corner) or "Finder" and search for "Java Preferences" (You might want place this on your dock because you will need it in the future)
    8. Make sure the "General" tab on the top is opened and uncheck "J2SE 5.0" and "J2SE 5.0"
    9. Open "spotlight" again and search for "Terminal" and open this application. (I recommend you place it on your dock)
    10. Wait for Terminal to load and log you in (Last login: <example> on console
    <your>-<macs>-<name>:~ <yourname>$)
    11. Then type: cd
    12. space
    13. Then drag your "CraftBukkit" folder into the Terminal.
    14. Hit enter.
    15. Copy and paste this into your Terminal:
    Code:
    java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui
    16. Press enter
    17. Your server will begin to generate, and once it says "Done" type: stop
    18. Once it has stopped, start it again by pasting the same code into the Terminal
    19. Once it has loaded again and says "Done" open Java Preferences again (if you have closed it) and recheck: "J2SE 5.0" and "J2SE 5.0" If your server does not say "Done" before you check this it WILL NOT WORK
    20. Open Minecraft and join your server by typing your IP:port IP : Port (accidental smiley) or typing "localhost" into the IP bar.
    21. You now have a fully functional CraftBukkit server on your Mac 10.5.8!

NOTE: YOU MUST ALWAYS DO STEPS 7 THROUGH 20 EVERY TIME YOU START YOUR SERVER. ANNOYING BUT NECESSARY :-/

2. Offline

nitromegamer

This did not work for me. I followed the directions exactly.

3. Offline

ThePilotGuy

Ohai walker. Nice tut. I hope it works, I have a few friends I can give it to.

4. Offline

arirock101

I might of done something wrong, it does not say done for me it just says and 5 more...
    Also if i turn the things off then it can't run at all. when i try to load it it saysLast login: Mon Jun 4 16:53:03 on ttys000
    aris-imac:minecraft aripomeranz$ java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui
    182 recipes
    27 achievements
    16:54:56 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.2.5
    16:54:56 [INFO] Loading properties
    16:54:56 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    16:54:56 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/command/defaults/VanillaCommand
    16:54:56 [SEVERE]at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:131)
    16:54:56 [SEVERE]at net.min
    ecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:53)
    16:54:56 [SEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:166)
    16:54:56 [SEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:432)
    16:54:56 [SEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    16:54:56 [SEVERE] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.command.defaults.VanillaCommand
    16:54:56 [SEVERE]at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
    16:54:56 [SEVERE]at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    16:54:56 [SEVERE]at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    16:54:56 [SEVERE]at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    16:54:56 [SEVERE]at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
    16:54:56 [SEVERE]at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
    16:54:56 [SEVERE]... 5 more
    16:54:56 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/command/defaults/VanillaCommand
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:131)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:53)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:166)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:432)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.command.defaults.VanillaCommand
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
    ... 5 more

5. Offline

tinyhoops

This java update is outdated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.