[Tutorial] Bukkit Plugin Development

Discussion in 'Resources' started by amhokies, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

amhokies

Hello everyone. I've been working with Bukkit Plugins for a few months now and decided that I would like to share my knowledge with others who would like to learn. I know that there are other Bukkit Plugin tutorials out there, but I would like to teach you things that those other tutorials do NOT contain. That being said, if you would like to suggest an episode topic please feel free to let me know and I'll see what I can do!

First Episode: Set-Up Eclipse and First Plugin

Second Episode: Commands and Healing

Third Episode: Locations and Teleporting

I'll continue to post more tutorials in the future, so be sure to look out for them. Let me know what you think!

-Hokies

Wolftic likes this.
  2. Offline

amhokies

I haven't been able to get any new episodes out during the past couple of days due to school, but I should have time for the next one tomorrow. If anyone would like to learn something specific, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Fourth Episode: Chat Listeners

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  3. Offline

amhokies

Fifth Episode: Block Place and Block Break Events

4. Offline

KSEvilMiner

Thank you! I'll watch them later, but I hope that I can start developing plugins.... I got a little knowledge of java.

5. Offline

amhokies

Cool! The more Java you know, the better. I tried working with plugins back before I knew very much Java, and it really didn't make very much sense, but after I got a pretty good grasp on the Java language, coding plugins is so much easier. If there's anything that you don't understand when going over the videos, just let me know and I'll try my best to explain!

6. Offline

kickface102

I too am tying to learn java, but am having a hard time getting a grasp on it. Is there any tutorials that you have came across that explain java in a way that is easier to understand?, Thanks.

legoman519 likes this.
  7. Offline

amhokies

I actually have a beginner Java series that I have been working on a bit, but the Bukkit series seems to be more popular. You can check that out if you'd like. If that doesn't help, I learned a lot from thenewboston on youtube.

8. Offline

Tzeentchful

amhokies
    I have look over some of your videos, you seem do have done a reativly good job.
    However you should be teaching correct coding conventions. As reference you should format your coded in compliance with the Oracle Coding Standard.
    Also for your commands you are using the command label. Since commands can have aliases this could break very easily. You should be using cmd.getName() to compare commands. Also the minecraft logger has been deprecated for a very long time you should be using getLogger(); as each plugin get it's own logger.

bobacadodl likes this.
  9. Offline

amhokies

I've been gone for quite a long time, but I'm back and making more episodes for you guys. Let me know what you think. Enjoy!

Sixth Episode: Mob Catcher

Seventh Episode: Potion Effects

roblikescake likes this.
  10. Offline

1Achmed1

Great work! Just make sure your viewers know that they still need some java background.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.