Trigger bukkit commands with out being op?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by flyslasher, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

flyslasher

How can I use the /give command but not be an op, i tried with onPlayerCommand()

and when it got the /give, it put event.setCancelled( false ); but that didn't work.

2. Offline

retsrif

you have to be an op don't you? unless there's a way to give people things without actually coding that? I'm not sure really.

3. Offline

HawnSolo

They'd have to have elevation of some sort, perhaps via a flatfile (a config.txt or yml or properties or something), or via GroupUsers or Permissions.

4. Offline

PrivateAlpha

I think what he is trying to do is allow you to give yourself something without being an op using the /give that you'd use if you were op

5. Offline

flyslasher

Your right Alpha, I only have it disabled for certain users but I want to enable it to users not on the server op list. I can cancel the event for ops but can't enable it for everyone else. I don't need a plugin to do this either, I am implementing this into a plugin I am trying to make so any help would be appreciated. My other get around that works is to just default all users into the op list so they get access to all commands and just start limiting from there.

6. Offline

flyslasher

Please help. I can override the /give command and make my own( or try ) but I don't want to do that when theres probably a simpler answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.