/tprandom plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by djoveryde, Jan 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

djoveryde

Hi all, ok so I know there are plenty of plugins out there that randomly teleports players to areas around a world but it seems theres none for what I need.

Basically what I require is a plugin that players can do /tprandom from a multiverse world and it will teleport them to a unique random place only to the overworld.

Effectively I dont want them randomly teleporting where they are but only to the main overworld.
    Perhaps within a config have the x / z setting so the plugin knows where its teleporting but perhaps make it unique to the player so each player has a unique teleport point (that way to prevent someone dropping on top of another player).
    Perhaps have factions/towny/worldguard protection so it doesnt teleport within those regions.
    And within the config have customisable scripts for when the player teleports (IE. You have been teleported to a new location)

Could anyone do that for me? I know its a big ask but I know you lovely people can probably do nearly anything!

Regards

2. Offline

Jaackk

I experienced the issue of finding no plugin that did this that worked well in only one world.

I finally found a conclusion.

What I did was I added an alias with a plugin called 'MyCommand' you can use whichever alias plugin you desire, and you can create the command alias for /wild or /wilderness or /tprandom, whatever you want it to be, and run the main command from the console for /spreadplayers which teleports players randomly within the block radius the command states.

Here's an example of the configuration for the 'MyCommand' plugin for the /wild command alias I created.

'wild':
    command: /wild
    type: RUN_CONSOLE
    runcmd:
    - '$delay$/spreadplayers 0 0 0 3000 false $player'
    permission-required: false
    cost: 250
    cooldown: 60
    delaytimer: 3

If you have any questions or need any help doing this let me know, I think this is a great solution for your request, it works well on my server,

3. Offline

djoveryde

with the - '$delay$/spreadplayers 0 0 0 3000 false $player'

Does this mean that the player is randomly teleported anywhere within 3000 blocks from x=0 z=0 in World= 0?

Also does this prevent players from ending up in walls?

On a side note can this be added into the Commands.yml file of kcauldron to do the same thing?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  4. Offline

Jaackk

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Commands#spreadplayers

I used this for a little while but found a better alternative for myself. This method is still fine but if you're wanting to use this on a Factions server or even if not, you could disable the features you don't need, messages are all configurable.

/Wild or /Wilderness command (you could change that) hooks into Factions and teleports players in the wilderness away from faction claims. All configurable in configuration.yml.

FBasics

Hope I could be of help,

Best Regards,
    Jack.

5. Offline

djoveryde

The command itself seems to only allow me to spawn within the same world your on. Is there an additional command that would force it to teleport you to the overworld when you use the command.

So say im on a multiverse world and do /tprandom, it will teleport me to a random place on the overworld and not the multiverse world?

Also I use towny and factions on 2 different servers. How do I hook into these?

Sorry im pretty new where it comes to customising commands.

6. Offline

Jaackk

With the fbasics plugin you can define worlds. I'm not sure what you mean by "How do I hook into these?" If you want the plugin to work on both servers just set it up the same way :)

7. Offline

djoveryde

Does the FBasics plugin also protect towny or is it mainly just for the /wilderness command?

Also if i wanted players to have the option of /tprandom or /wilderness how do i add that command?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  8. Offline

Jaackk

You could just make an alias for the command /tprandom and have it run /wilderness. I am not sure about Towny, I don't think it hooks unfortunately. You could use the /spreadplayers for the towny server.

9. Offline

xZachMC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.