[TP] Creative Gates [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Olof Larsson, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Olof Larsson

2. Offline

Dyllan

I have the two portals, both with same gate number, but when i go through it, nothing happens

3. Please check your bukkit version number you need to be on bukkit build #855 or higher - build #860 is recommended. What is happening to you has been reported before, and the users were on bukkit #818 - it doesn't work on that version - or any before #855

Dyllan likes this.
  4. Offline

Dyllan

thank you, must not seen for which version, just updated my server, everything is working :D

5. Offline

Dairouz

Hey,
    On every server restart all of the portals reset. The portals are still there with the water(they dont teleport me) but when i click them with my clock, it saids number of gates: 1. Before the server restart they worked fine. It happens every time i restart my server :/. I run Bukkit #935, maybe that's the problem???

6. Offline

xlilcasper

If I build a gate out of gold, cobblestone, and obsidian, which martial will it use for connecting to other gates?

***Edit***
    Tested for myself. It has to be made from all the matrials to count.

Can you make it support wool colors?

Another suggestions would be to have the option to use redstone to "turn on" or activate the gate. That would be cool as then I could build a dialer system.

7. Offline

r3kUBetyHP27

i Love your plugin mate!
    but i have one big favour to ask you, please make bigger portals to be able to create because my quite big stargate doesnt work :(
    and yea, wool colors support would be great as well

PS. sorry for my 'broken english'

8. Offline

Ayaron

First off, wonderfull plugin! My players love it. And I agree with your general philosophy of keep it simple.

That said...was wondering whether it would be possible to have a simple setting whereby the gates are limited to the current world. That way gates made out of, say, cobble, wouldn't connect to gates in another world also made out of cobble. So each world has it's own set of gates.

What I'm thinking is I could use a more complex gate system for inter-world travel, usable by mods only, while local players get to build creative gates without worrying about ending up on another world.

Another way to do it would be to have 2 base block types, one for local travel and one for inter-world and a 2nd permissions node for the second type. In fact, having different base node types adds whole sets of gates that ignore the rest, and each type could be configured to have interworld travel or not and the permissions nodes could be creativegates.create.blocktype etc so different groups of users could have their own type.

But that's moving away from simple.

Overfiend and koibunny like this.
  9. That used to happen on an earlier version of the plugin - just in case, please re-download the latest plugin and give it another try.

10. Offline

Samiak_

I have a one-way connection. Yesterday both gates worked just fine, but now only the other one works (from place A to place B, but not other way around). Advice?

EDIT: Hmm, had to rebuild the working gate to another location to get them both work.

EDIT2: AAAND the problem is back, the other way around. Any fix for this without having to build the gates again?

11. Offline

timmy silesmo

I can't destroy the gates it does not work. what can the problem be???

12. Would it be something to do with THIS issue ?

I take it you've downloaded the latest version of this plugin and the problem still exists ? because it used to happen in the early release of this plugin.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  13. Offline

RMDan

CraftBukkit V#950 breaks this plugin. Nothing works for it. Items wont activate the portal, cant test if portals link as I cant start them. All my other plugins work with 950. Hope you get this updated. Note: 950 is not a recommended version yet, just the latest one that works with MC Server 1.7_1

Edit:

here is the exact start sequence of CreativeGates, running on the latest recommended build 953. Hope this helps fix the plugin.

Code:
    01:00:34 [INFO] [CreativeGates v1.1.1] Loading conf.txt ...
    2011-07-01 01:00:34 [INFO] [CreativeGates v1.1.1] Wand: Compass
    2011-07-01 01:00:34 [INFO] [CreativeGates v1.1.1] Block: Diamond block
    2011-07-01 01:00:34 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling CreativeGates v1.1.1 (Is it up to date?): No enum const class org.bukkit.World$Environment.World
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class org.bukkit.World$Environment.World
        at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.World$Environment.valueOf(World.java:646)
        at org.mcteam.creativegates.WorldEnv.load(WorldEnv.java:66)
        at org.mcteam.creativegates.P.onEnable(P.java:45)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:857)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:264)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:151)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:136)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

14. Offline

Fihower

hi there Im having a small issue when I stop the server the gates turn off and I cant reactivate them.
    build 953

15. Offline

Samzapp

Oddly enough, this actually works with the latest Bukkit version (953, I believe). There may be a bug or two, but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

16. If water is the new portal material, can we have horizontal portals? Like, portals that you can dive into, or something.
    Has this been asked or hinted on before? I didn't see it.

Loved the AncientGates plugin. Sad that it was discontinued, but this one's far easier to use.

17. Offline

gameswereus

Thanks for this plugin!

18. Offline

RMDan

Found a fix for my problem, delete the file that lists the gates. You will have to reignite all the gates but they work

19. Offline

noahwhygodwhy

hmm, don't suppose a portal can be made horizontal on the ground...or on the roof
    [​IMG]

edit--------------------------------------
    just saw nox13last's post about horizontal portals...but it would be cool

20. Offline

MafyaKingpin

@RMDan That fix does work temporarily, it allows for the portals to be reactivated but you need to delete both the "gates" and "worldenv" text files and reload the server to make that work.
    @Olof Larsson Also, as soon as you reload the server after using this fix it realizes that there is a problem once again and shuts the plugin down. It seems like the saving of the portal data is not the problem, it's when bukkit tries to recall the data that it hits a wall and turns off the plugin. Hopefully that's a better diagnosis of the issue for you Olof. It's a really useful plugin and very well designed, hope you can fix the little issues you have...

21. I should point out in my quest to make a floor portal, it gives me a java puke. It has the intended "There is no frame..." error, but isn't it supposed to catch exceptions?

Code:
    2011-07-03 17:17:07 [SEVERE] java.lang.Exception: There is no frame, or it is broken, or it is to large.
    2011-07-03 17:17:07 [SEVERE] at org.mcteam.creativegates.Gate.<init>(Gate.java:56)
    2011-07-03 17:17:07 [SEVERE] at org.mcteam.creativegates.Gates.open(Gates.java:86)
    2011-07-03 17:17:07 [SEVERE] at org.mcteam.creativegates.Gates.open(Gates.java:95)
    2011-07-03 17:17:07 [SEVERE] at org.mcteam.creativegates.listeners.PluginPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(PluginPlayerListener.java:98)
    2011-07-03 17:17:07 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$10.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:307)
    2011-07-03 17:17:07 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    2011-07-03 17:17:07 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
    2011-07-03 17:17:07 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:168)
    2011-07-03 17:17:07 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.dig(ItemInWorldManager.java:63)
    2011-07-03 17:17:07 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:457)
    2011-07-03 17:17:07 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
    2011-07-03 17:17:07 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    2011-07-03 17:17:07 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
    2011-07-03 17:17:07 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    2011-07-03 17:17:07 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    2011-07-03 17:17:07 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    2011-07-03 17:17:08 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    It seems a bit...raw, a bit bloody to leave this hanging out. It could do mischief if someone were trying to make a floor-portal and just kept smashing their clock against the diamond-block to get it to work.

Also, spelling and punctuation errors on line 1. Hurr.

22. Offline

dominichello

I really love the idea of this...the freedom to create any shape portal you want and I give you all the praise in the world for it.

The only thing preventing me getting this is the way portals define their target. I don't like the idea of having a chain of portals with the same material. Id like all my portals too be the same material but only end up at defined locations. And the idea of changing the material too avoid chains only ends up with a world full odd looking portals.

I'm just wondering if u could add some form of text based command / or signs to NOT remove the chain portal behavior...but too provide Another option...onto the way portals target where they go.

You could add in the option to set targets with:

/PA create [targetname]
    /PA link/join [targetname] [targetname]

You could also have a pop up when hitting the diamond [control] block saying :

"give current portal a name, or leave blank for Chain system."

So perhaps if a target IS NOT set via a command it behaves like you currently have it but..also gives the added layer of customisation for people that want target only portals.

Sorry if im sounding picky with what i want, its just i dont like the shape of WXT portals or the way they activate like stargates and haven't found a decent enough alternative. until i saw the potential in yours.

Tell me to B*gger off if its too much hassle, just i saw Your addon and though it could be perfect with a little bit extra functions :)If anyone knows of something that may be perfect for what im looking for already please let me know.

But either way, again..Love what you have done so far so i cant fault you for that :) well done

23. @dominichello:
    You might want to look at AncientGates, then. Which is the prequel to this plugin, and is very command-based. It's been discontinued, but still mostly works. The portals don't necessarily link to other portals, and can even set the destination to in-the-air or underwater. You create a gate, set it's "from" point (building a frame around it), set it's "to" point (go somewhere and look as if you've stepped out of a portal, because it saves where you're looking as well).
    But it's discontinued, and will get more and more brittle with each passing CB build. And now that Nether works in SMP, it sometimes conflicts with the programming of the Portal block.

All I mostly used AC as was for making a pair of portals and setting the destination for portal B right in front of portal A. Which is pretty much what this plugin does with less hassle.

But yeah. Give AC a go if you don't believe in software rot.

24. Offline

Deleted user

The simplicity on this looks fantastic!
    Can't wait to try it out. I want portal teleports for the event maps in my server.

25. Offline

dominichello

@ Nox13last

Now that's what i'm talking about :) Why oh why did it have to become discontinued :( and due too that fact im reluctant to download it because of the points u raised.

Just wish Olof would implement the target system along side with the chain portals, it would be the best of both words imo and would create a vital mod. (with out it i feel everyone just turns too WXT ) ....Show them what ur made of Olof!! Bring back Targets you'ed make me one happy man :)

26. @dominichello
    AncientGates still works, but it might become obsolete at some point to the poinr where it breaks.
    I did some rooting. Maybe you'd be interested in PressurePorts? It uses configurable teleporting, but it uses pressure tiles instead of portal blocks. So it's kinda like AncientGates in block form.

27. Offline

Skacey

Fantastic plug in! Here are some random requests for the next version:

I'm getting squid occasionally spawning in my gates - I'm thinking this is due to using water for the gate.

Here are some reasonable alternative blocks for the gate fill:
    Leaf blocks - we now have three versions and they are partially see through
    Web - unused block that could give a creepy feel
    Iceblock - semi transparent like water, but no squid
    Sugar Cane - for a jungle themed spawn
    Lava - already mentioned, would be good in dark areas

Also would like to request horizontal portals, drop in one end - drop out the other.

Perhaps the control for horizontal vs vertical is the anchor block (diamond for vert, gold for horiz as an example)

Finally, making a portal out of bedrock seems to be mostly a bad idea as you can only disable it by breaking the diamond block.

28. Offline

dominichello

@Nox13last
    Thnkx for routing around for me :) much appreciated, and yer i had stumbled apon that previously it may come in handy.

What i have in mind is an MMO rpg style dungeon entrance similar to WoW (yer yer i know) lol but having a visual portal that is any shape, and customized locations using targets that is multiverse compatible .

Ive looked so hard, and it seems ALL the coding exists, just in various addons, and NOT in ONE addon offering exactly what im looking for, picky i know :D but if i had an amazing Java guru as a friend id probably get them to rustle something together with all the source coding available from github. But Alas..any way ty for ur help

29. Offline

kahlilnc

Hm, I have nocheat and this. But when someone goes thru a portal it says moving error every time. IDK if its the RB 953 or one of the plugins?

30. Offline

Azander137

Hey there, I'm loving this plugin, its awesome. I've had no real problems so far, until now. On my servers map, there isn't much snow, so I was going to use this plugin to help all the players on my server get to the far reaches of the map where there is snow. When I get out there and make a portal, it works and takes me back to the starting area (Taking me from point A to B), but won't work to take me back out to the snowy region (Point B to A). Its acting like a one way portal. Do you think this problem might be occurring due to the distance between the portal? At the moment, the portal out in the snowy region far from town is at -1450 on the X-axis. I've also tried about -2500 on the Z-axis in a different area and had the exact same problem.

Anyone else having this problem as well? I hope to find some way to get it working right.. it really is a sweet plugin :]

31. Awesome plugin. Really nice - I'm running a server where everyone is supposed to be equal and relying on some obscure text commands to make the world work is just not in the spirit of.

I still don't understand why you made that gates variable a TreeSet<Gate> with custom comparator instead of the plain linked list - that way, portals would work by creation order, just as it is normally expected.

I'm making a bit of an overhaul of this for my server that preserves player's orientation and position inside gate while teleporting (instead of always looking straight and walking out of the magic block) so that it works a bit more like portals from -that- game.

I'll probably also add an option to place a sign with your name on it, and then that portal will only work for you (and for other players who labeled it).

Skacey: All solid blocks you mentioned won't work because client will refuse to walk through them. Or do want just to walk close to entrance and get teleported? That way every block could be used but I think it's not as impressive as the portal you can walk through.

I'll try to play with horizontal portals today but the problem I see is that someone will build a portal on the bottom of the cliff, jump into it from the top, and because of mad velocity and velocity change (from a lot to minus a lot) either server will drop him, or client will misbehave in some silly way. If it does work though, it'll be awesome.