[TP] BackToBody v2.5 - Post-Death Teleport [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Valrix, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Offline

harakiwi

i got (commandbook) slapped around my hall by my co-admins ^^
    no problem, i just want to help to collect some deaths that happen on a fun server [fire]

2. Offline

Valrix

Haha, alright. Well I'll get to work on the safety checker which will be added in the next version.

3. Offline

Koutacles

A configurable percent of a player's money (and a minimum amount) rather than a fixed amount would be awesome. That way newer people with less money would be able to return to where they died easier, but people who have been around alot and have a lot of money will have to weigh up if they want to lose alot to retrieve their stuff.

4. Offline

Valrix

That's a good point, I'll work on that then for sure.

5. Offline

khamseen_air

I've just updated to the latest version, running on CB1000 with Permissions Yeti and one of my players was just told he doesn't have permission, even though the group he's in has the permission and it worked before updating to the latest version.

6. Offline

Valrix

It's because I don't use TheYeti's Permissions anymore, I use native bukkit permissions which can be easily used by PermissionsBukkit plugin.

7. Offline

khamseen_air

A few of our other plugins are still buggy with Bukkit Perms so we've no intention of switching to it until they all work with it. That's a bit annoying you've removed support for it, we rather liked this plugin. May dig out an older version and just use it until it dies.

8. Offline

Valrix

You can have both running without any problems. Permissions will handle the permissions it's been told to look after while PermissionsBukkit will handle built-in permissions without conflicts. You don't have to choose between them. All you have to do is install it, run it so it builds the file, then add in the backtobody.btb node. The new system was made so people wouldn't have to just drop the old permissions, you can use them side-by-side until devs have moved away from Permissions.

9. Offline

khamseen_air

That I was unaware of. Thanks for the info, will take a look at it when I get home this evening.

10. Offline

Valrix

Yep, let me know how it goes :)

11. Offline

khamseen_air

Got it running with PermissionsBukkit. Now have that plugin just for the one node lol, but at least it works and when the other plugins support it better I can transfer them over one by one... So goes the theory. :)

12. Offline

Valrix

Very awesome

13. Offline

ochenchi

Seems overpowered, but VERY useful.
    Bob: "Oh no the zombie took my 9001 diamond blocks! NOOOOOOOOOOO"
    *types /btb*
    Bob: "I IS HAPPEH HERP DERP"

14. Offline

Valrix

Yeah, it kinda defeats the purpose of "survival" if you don't lose everything upon death, but it's very useful indeed.

15. Offline

ochenchi

But you could still lose some stuff if you fall in lava. And if that does happen and you type /btb, does it teleport you into lava, or onto a block?

EDIT: I've tried it out, and the text it displays is a little creepy. in the config file, I'd like an option to change what the text is when you use /btb.

16. Offline

Valrix

Yes, you can lose stuff if you fall in lava. I don't yet have it set up to make the area safe to return to.

Creepy? It's supposed to be, I mean you DIED and you're going back to your body. I made it creepy for a reason, plus it's survival, but I've already been asked to put the option of what text will be used in the config so people can customize it.

17. Offline

bigkevin112

So I'm using this on my server and it works great with no errors. But only ops can use it. I'm using permissionsEx for all of my permissions. What am I doing wrong? I have the permissions set to a group but it doesn't work unless they are op.

18. Offline

Valrix

You need to use PermissionsBukkit or another plugin that manages native bukkit permissions

19. Offline

gmbh

greetings.

would it be possible for this plugin to, by default, allow all players use of /btb if no permissions plugin is present? i really don't want to mess around with permissions, and we're just two friends playing privately, so there's no need for permissions what-so-ever.

much appreciated.

20. Offline

Valrix

I think I'll start keeping special versions of plugins with differing defaults so when people don't want to mess with permissions they can have a "vanilla" version. I'll build it for you and send you a message with the link to it as well as adding it to the OP

21. Offline

gmbh

that'll be splendid, much appreciated!

22. Offline

Valrix

I've already built it and posted the link in the first post. It's labeled as the "alt download". Enjoy!

23. Offline

gmbh

tested and working, cheers for the quick response to this!

24. Offline

Valrix

Awesome. No problem :)

25. Offline

khamseen_air

If you want everyone on the server to have the ability to use this, then instead of adding another plugin to your list go to the permissions.yml file in the root directory and add the following;
    Code:
    server.defaultpermissions:
        default: true
        children:
            backtobody.btb: true

Valrix likes this.
  26. Can you make it work with Permissions and PEX

27. Offline

khamseen_air

It used to support multiple permissions, he's moved away from them in favour of only supporting Bukkit's native permission system, so I don't think it's likely to change back. Really, we need every other plugin dev to start supporting Bukkit's native permission system so we can all do away with the old and unsupported versions out there.

Valrix likes this.
  28. Offline

Valrix

Why? It supports native permissions. Use that. I'm not gonna try to make it work with every different permissions plugin. I'm gonna make it work with the easiest the most simple.

29. Sorry I have not see that I can make it very easy with the permission.yml

30. Offline

Valrix

With native permissions it's really easy to set up as well. When finals are done and I have time to update my plugins, etc. then I will also be packaging a pre-built config for native permissions to use with PermissionsBukkit for admins who either don't know of it yet, or don't know how to set it up. However, for now, I am too busy for anything besides school and work.