Question Towny Wilderness/Town Error

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Glitch718, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Glitch718

Hello!

I am trying to develop a towny server for my friends and I to play on. But, there is an error I dont know how to fix. My friends are able to break blocks in the town, but not in the wilderness. How do I make sure that they can only break blocks in their plot of the town AND allow them to break blocks in the wilderness? I tried changing some of the wilderness settings from 'false' to 'true' and then doing a full reload (/townyadmin reload), but none of that worked.

NOTE: The block breaking in town issue was resolved by my friends and I, but another problem has risen. I cant seem to claim plots. It says "An internal error has occured." How do I fix it?

Thanks!
    Glitch718

bumping

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
  2. Offline

oceantheskatr

What version of Towny and what version of Spgiot/Craftbukkit are you using?

Also, only bump once every 24 hours.

3. Offline

Glitch718

@oceantheskatr
    Towny: 0.88.0.0
    CraftBukkit/Spigot: Latest Recommended Version (don't know what it is)

4. Offline

LlmDl

Give your players the towny.wild.* node if you want them to build in the wilderness.

As for the claiming plots, I would need to see more info from you. Click the towny irc link in my signature.

5. Offline

oceantheskatr

If what LlmDl said doesn't work, Then try switching down to Spigot 1.8. I was having problems with mobs and town boundaries on 1..8.3+, I'm sure that there was more just that.

6. Offline

Glitch718

Where do I put the node in the config? Take the excerpt in which it is in and copy paste it so I can see.

7. Offline

oceantheskatr

You would give that permission node to the default group (or whichever you choose) in the permissions manager you use (GroupManager, PermissionsEx, etc.). Here is a link to the official Towny permissions page: https://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/towny/wiki/PermissionNodes

And the commands page: https://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/towny/wiki/Commands

It has nearly all of the permissions and commands you'll need. I think it's missing no more than one or two less used commands though.

8. Offline

LlmDl

If you want you can put it into your permission plugin's file, or you can add the node to the townyperms.yml's nomad group.

9. Offline

Glitch718

Bumping

10. Offline

oceantheskatr

Bumping for what reason? Were our answers not good enough? What was not clear? Maybe I can explain better :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.