"Too long to log in"

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Morlanius, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Morlanius

Hi,
    I've only been running a mc server for a short time, but been running other services for very long time.
    I've been running the stock version of the server, lovely no hiccups whatsoever, its running now as i write this.
    I like the ideas used in the plugins and things (i really want some of the permissions and access controls then I'll focus on making my own plugins). This where I was coming from when I started to mess with bukkit, just so you know. :) As it seems all this will pretty much only work with it.

I have a world being worked on and all access without a hitch. I did everything said in the wiki downloading and setting up bukkit. All went just as it says it should, except .. nothing will connect to it.

the server.properties file was the orig from the working server, server-ip is blank, and all ports are open to inet connections. So I figured it must be something to do with having the old world and confs, so i make a new folder and redeploy the jar into it and run java. ... same thing.

I removed all plugins and performed a SBS install ootb from the wiki, same result.
    I then put the original file back and start, works with the orig world or the one generated by the new codebase.

So, I figured ive covered most bases, here, most documents are saying that the main mc server is down, not true, ive tested them within a few seconds of each other and orig works as intended, bukkit doesnt accept connections (took too long error)

Commands within the shell work fine and show that any builtin plugins are working. all seems fine, except it wont allow connections,

I am using CentOS with 4gb ram, 2x2ghz processors with a 1gbps connection. Latest java (updated last night from snapshot)

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

~Mors

2. Offline

DS1995

You have probably minecraft 1.2. You get this error, because your server is minecraft 1.1. You have to upgrade the server, or downgrade your minecraft.

3. Offline

Morlanius

aah, yes, ive figured that out last night, but thanks for replying.
    I just grabbed the highest version of bukkit i could and it cleared right up, server running a treat and plugins and all.
    I think the primary download link (or the symlink in the repository or whatever they use) needs updating to the new version.

4. Offline

Xanice

The same thing is happening to me except I have updated the bukkit.jar but it still says "Internal exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out"

5. Offline

Morlanius

when starting the server or when a client connects? it seems like its trying to open the port that is either being protected into STATE_CLOSED or in use by another process, check you dont have a runaway process going from a previous attempt to launch the server or that a firewall is forcibly holding the port closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.