The Bukkit Consulting Firm - Solving all your Bukkit-related challenges!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by M1sT3rM4n, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Amphase

Do I really need ChatManager just so I can get the &b suffix? Anyway I enabled it... what would I need to edit?
    Code:
    chat-range: 100.0
    display-name-format: '%prefix%player%suffix'
    global-message-format: <%prefix%player%suffix> &e%message
    enable: true
    message-format: <%prefix%player%suffix> %message
    ranged-mode: false
    1) Citizens: I have a NPC called Amphase placed somewhere in the spawn, problem is every time I log in I spawn exactly in front of him, even if I move him... How can I fix that?
    2) Commandbook (Kit): Problem here is that I have 1 Kit from Commandbook that I've put in the Kits.txt file from the Commandbook folder, but if I type ingame /kit I get 2 Kits listed up, Starter and Rock but I've never set them and can't even find them anywhere, why?!
    3) Bukkit (?): How can I limit the amount of Mobs you can spawn with the command /spawnmob <mob> <amount> ?
    4) Last question, how can I get the names of the Staff Members that are online colored on the list you get pressing tab?

2. I don't have one right now. But ScrollingMenuSigns has the same kind of functionality and that one does have the source on GitHub.

Also thanks M1sT3rM4n and Fyre !

Just to clarify the "lost connection" message. The client sends a signal to the server to check if it's online. That's why the server gives the message "lost connection."

Edit: Arf... His problem is already solved... Your quick today guys! :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  3. Offline

number1_Master

You guys might not be able to helping me on this, but I might as well try.
    I just recently updated to iConomy 6, from iConomy 5. When anyone new joins (NOT people who have joined in the past), I get a mysql error, which is this:

Code:
    [iConomy] Error issueing SQL query: java.sql.SQLException: Unknown column 'status' in 'field list' Query: INSERT INTO iConomy(username, balance, status) values (?, ?, ?) Parameters: [playername, 10.0, 0]
    Is there anything I can do?

4. Offline

hammale

hmmm dont quote me on this but it looks like theres a column called status in the MySql DB that iCo 5 used but iCo 6 does not. Maybe if u remove this column it will stop erroring?

that big banner at the top makes me sad :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

5. Offline

number1_Master

That is what I was thinking. Now, to find a way to delete it...
    *goes into mysql*
    EDIT: I don't see a status column. Nor do I see a field list!

6. What makes me sadder is that they don't inform us on what is being changed. I just have to grab a development build and just see for myself what's working at what not. The Bukkit team is getting better at communicating, but still has a lot to improve!

Maybe the BCG knows what the biggest, plugin breaking things are?

PS: Why is it R5? And not RB1.2-R1???

Edit: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/how-to-make-sure-your-plugin-wont-break-in-1-2.60176/

nunber1_Master likes this.
  7. Offline

billofbong

O NOES! I just saw it... :'(

8. Offline

sillyrosster

Thanks. It doesn't get spammed all the time. It just shows up every once in awhile.

9. Offline

billofbong

Yeah, that's fine then.

10. Offline

acetech09

I posted this as a forum link yesterday, but had a feeling you don't answer questions like that so I'm pasting it here:

After the server runs for about half an hour, or up to two hours, my server just dies. The console stops responding. It doesn't freeze, but just doesn't respond to any command I give it. It doesn't unload plugins, so all files revert to the last startup. I don't know what is causing this. I don't think it's a plugin. My server is down until I fix this, which might be a while.

Anybody seen this before, and, if so, what's the problem and how do I fix it? I've ran diagnostics, the problem doesn't seem to be with the system.

Code:
    2012-02-19 11:40:56 [SEVERE] null
    java.io.IOException: Input/output error
        at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.read(FileInputStream.java:236)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:235)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:254)
        at jline.Terminal.readCharacter(Terminal.java:99)
        at jline.UnixTerminal.readVirtualKey(UnixTerminal.java:128)
        at jline.ConsoleReader.readVirtualKey(ConsoleReader.java:1453)
        at jline.ConsoleReader.readBinding(ConsoleReader.java:654)
        at jline.ConsoleReader.readLine(ConsoleReader.java:494)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadCommandReader.run(ThreadCommandReader.java:31)
    It happens in both OpenJDK and Java 7. 64 bit Ubuntu.

11. Offline

billofbong

This means that the server is failing to load a file... I'm not sure of the specifics, but it looks like something is corrupted. Ask hammale for more info, sorry I couldn't be much help :(

12. Offline

number1_Master

Any ideas? Sorry, I really want to get this done ASAP.

13. Offline

Wolf3141

One last thing and I think I'm done setting up my server. When I was first setting it up, I was having some trouble and someone gave me the start.bat file. Here it is: [in notepad++]
    java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar Bukkit.jar
    PAUSE
    Now, I have 8gb of ram installed on my computer. Will changing the numbers help boost my server and if so, what should I change the numbers to?

14. You could backup your tables and start from scratch. Then check the differences with your tables and those of the newly created one. The reason you don't see the status column is because it's missing (just as the error says :) )

Also, did you use this guide? http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/iconomy/pages/documentation/installing/upgrading/

15. Offline

number1_Master

I did half of that. :/
    Ok, ill get back if there are any issues. I'm going to work on it.
    EDIT: Wait one second! I re-read it. It is exactly what I did. Turn on conversion, then off.
    Mhmm, I'll just back it up, and give everyone's money back. Sounds easier. Or maybe put them back in or something.

16. Offline

Amphase

Please help!

Perfect it worked, thanks :)
    What about the other questions? And btw, take your time..

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
  17. Offline

billofbong

Sorry for the wait: remove the &e before %message% in global-message-format. Tell me if that doesn't work.

Also, please list your plugins so I can work out #3! Thanks

Hey,

I used to run my server on my computer, which also had 8G of ram, and I used java -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M -jar Bukkit.jar. This allocates 4 gigabytes of ram. Have fun with you 4gb ram server ;)

18. Offline

Amphase

Doesn't work :(
    Plugins:
    BorderGuard, MineBackup, Stopper, WorldEdit, ProperTime, Announcer, VanishNoPacket, CommandBook, NoLagg, ColoredSigns, TeleportSuite, BKCommonLib, DispNameChanger, HeroChat, Vault, PermissionsEx, NoCheat, WorldGuard, TheMonkeyPack, Citizens, TreasureHunt, ChatManager, Permissions, LWC

19. Offline

billofbong

Sorry for the wait: Go into commandbook config.yml and change something like spawn mob-limit to whater you want. Hope this works. I need someone specifically familiar with ChatManager for your first one... M1sT3rM4n?

20. Offline

Amphase

Yeah I thought too it would be in the config.yml but there isn't, here's the file:
    Code:
    # Use users' display names rather than than their raw username in various messages. Display names are set by other plugins.
    use-display-names: true

# Similar to use-display-names, this allows usage of users' display names when looking up players.
    lookup-with-display-names: true

# For /time, /weather, and other commands, broadcast change messages to everyone when you change world information with the commands.
    broadcast-changes: true

# Disables some features to be compatible with badly-written server wrappers.
    crappy-wrapper-compat: true

# When this setting is enabled, CommandBook's commands will be registered AFTER every
    # other plugin's commands. If any other plugin registers a command that conflicts with
    # one of CommandBook's commands, the CommandBook command will be accessible with
    # /commandbook:<command>, and the other plugin's command will be accessible
    # with /<command>
    low-priority-command-registration: false

# Give operators (set with the Minecraft /op command) all permissions.
    op-permissions: true

# A list of enabled and disabled components. Components in the disabled list
    # will automatically be removed from the enabled list. Fully qualified class names can
    # or aliases (automatically added to the list by CommandBook) can be used as component names.
    components:
        disabled:
        - freeze
        - help
        enabled:
        - bans
        - homes
        - warps
        - messaging
        - teleport
        - items
        - kits
        - midi
        - time
        - name-verification
        - fun
        - debug
        - thor
        - online-list
        - stored-messages
        - spawn-locations
        - info
        - world
        - player
        - god

# Configurations for CommandBook's built-in components are stored here.
    # Custom component configurations are stored as individual files in the the config/ folder
    component:
        bans:
            broadcast-bans: false
            broadcast-kicks: false
        homes:
            per-world: false
        warps:
            per-world: false
        messaging:
            console-say-format: '`P[`pServer`P]`p %s'
            broadcast-format: '`g[`rBroadcast`g] %s'
            twitter-style: true
        inventory:
            item-permissions-only: false
            allowed-items: []
            disllowed-items: []
            default-item-stack-size: 1
        time-control:
            time-lock:
            time-lock-delay: 0
        thor:
            hammer-items:
        online-list:
            show-max-players: true
            grouped-names: true
            colored-names: true
            list-on-join: true
        stored-messages:
            motd: |-
                Hello, `c%name%`w.
                The time now is `c%time%`w and you're in world '%world%'.
                Message bla bla
            rules: Check the `b/warp rules `wfor the Rules!
        spawn-locations:
            exact-spawn: true
        god:
            auto-enable: true

21. Offline

billofbong

If the player has commandbook.spawnmob.many, they can spawn more than ten. If thy just have commandbook.spawnmob, they can only spawn <= 10 mobs

These are the ones I can help you with:
    2: Please post your kits.txt
    4: Here you go: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/prefixed-playerlist/. It will add the prefixes (and the colors) in your PermissionsEx groups config to the playerlist you show with tab.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2018
  22. Offline

hammale

as im too lazy to update my plugins, they will all be breaking for 1.2 :)

23. Offline

Sabersamus

D: shun the laziness

hammale likes this.
  24. Offline

hammale

but mommy i dont waaaaaaaaaaaaaant to! WAH WAH WAH!

glad to heer it :D

i have now mastered the new event system :) FINALLY! better late than never...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  25. Offline

Sabersamus

idc :D fix teh plugins nao!

26. Offline

hammale

no?i think ill wait for the s*** storm of complaints b4 i consider doing anything productive :p

acetech09 as ur post kinda got burried did u ever get the solution to ur problem?

27. Offline

billofbong

I tagged you on that post, I thought you might know some more stuff than me about bukkit read/write I/O stuff.

28. Offline

hammale

@acetech09 r u using any server wrappers like Pail or McServerGui?

29. Offline

acetech09

I believe it was a map corruption. New map and the server runs fine.

30. Offline

Sabersamus

/give hammale cookie :3

hammale likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.