That <init>() Method

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by lego6245, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

lego6245

Hi. My plugin users keep getting this error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.enigmasm.serverbot.ServerBot.<init>()

I need some help in figuring out what might be causing it. I've tried everything, and can't seem to get a good explanation.

Much thanks.

2. Offline

Sammy

That usually occurs when you are using the wrong type of variable on a method, in this case a integer

3. Offline

lego6245

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I'm not passing anything to that method. My best guess was related to something to do with the constructor, but I can never reproduce the error.

4. Offline

Sammy

What makes absolutely no sense whatsoever is you asking for help without showing the src of even the method...
    And yes I was talking about the constructor...

5. Offline

Xaw4

so if YOU test it, it works fine. but if someone on the server tests it, he gets that error...
    maybe OP/user ?

6. Offline

lego6245

Ok, then let me clarify. Whenever the plugin starts up for some people, my plugin throws the error message at the very top. Problem is, it's relating to a constructor that I do not override. I don't even have a constructor in there. On purpose. Because that is what you are supposed to do.

And @Xaw4 It's related to starting the plugin up. I don't actually have a method called <init>().

7. Offline

Xaw4

ok, code would still be helpfull :?

8. Offline

Evenprime

I have an idea. For some reason your plugins .jar-archive inside your zip-file is marked as encrypted by Windows 7 when I unzip it. By that I mean when I open the file properties of the .jar file, go to the "General" tab, then click the "Advanced" button, under "Compress or Encrypt attributes" the checkbox for "Encrypt contents to secure data" is checked.

I've never seen that before with other plugins, so maybe that's the problem, on the systems of those that have problems the on-the-fly decrypting doesn't work reliable for the contents of the .jar file, causing the <init>() constructor of com.enigmasm.serverbot.ServerBot to be inaccessible (it's the standard constructor with no parameters that gets automatically added to classes if you haven't defined another constructor already).

9. Offline

lego6245

Mhm. Well, I do a generic export with Eclipse and it only seems to be that plugin in particular. So I'll look into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.