Taxation - Simple Concept

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by roracle, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

roracle

Plugin category:
    Economy

Minecraft version:

Suggested name:
    Taxation

What I want:
    I think this should be simple, so I'll not waste time:
    1. The plugin should link to Vault and detect sending and receiving of money.
    2. When a player is paying another, it charges an 8% tax ON TOP OF what he's paying, be it a shop or the /pay command.
    3. When a player is paid money, there is an income tax of 8% TAKEN FROM the money they received.
    4. Income and sales tax should be able to be modified individually, as well as allow for putting all collected taxes in a server account.
    5. This should be very conservative in construction to avoid confusion, so no "progressive" tax system, just a flat tax. Progressive taxes should have it's own plugin.
    6. No commands or permissions would be needed. The server should never impose an unwarranted tax, and the plugin should reflect that.
    Simple, right?

EDIT: I realize some shop plugins have taxes, but some do not, but some that do don't allow for depositing in a server bank.

Ideas for commands:
    See below

Ideas for permissions:
    Admins should be able to exempt tax on server accounts. No players should be exempt, but there's no way to prevent an admin from that if he chooses.
    • taxation.admin
      • /tax exempt <account> : prevents taxes from being charged for server trades in case of an item backed economy.

OPTIONAL: Maybe for version 2 or something!
    However, any good republic follows a democratic system:
    • taxation.admin
      • /tax income <X> : sets the income tax, X is a number between 0-100
      • /tax sales <X> : sets the sales tax
      • /tax startvote <dd> : puts taxes up to vote at no more than 5 points in either direction of the server set tax, <dd> is how many days the vote is open. Players will be informed what the current vote is when doing...
    • taxation.vote
      • /tax vote : see what the current voting status is (open or closed) and what the current rates are, along with floor and ceiling for taxes.
        • income <Y> : for income tax, <Y> is the number they want, 5 number range up or down.
        • sales <Y> : same as above but for sales tax
    After voting time is up, all numbers voted on are averaged and a consensus is made through the calculation. Options 1-5 should be negatives, eg:
    • 1) -5
    • 2) -4
    • 3) -3
    • 4) -2
    • 5) -1
    • 6) +1
    • 7) +2
    • 8) +3
    • 9) +4
    • 10) +5
    The config should allow a "no lower than" and "no higher than" option so the server can still collect money and players won't tax themselves to death. People can vote 0 as well and vote to keep the taxes where they are. If the rest is outnumbered by 0, it wins the vote, but if total votes for 0 are less than total other votes, other votes are averaged and set.

When I'd like it by:
    Why are we not funding this?! Oh, because no one is paying taxes!!!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.