SuperPerms...?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Valgor, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Valgor

I so far have not seen the reason to switch to SuperPerms other than the fact that they are the "wave of the future" and I really need help understanding some things...

1, I see that I have to completely rewrite my permission nodes, especially the ones that have "*"s... which is like all of them.
    --Is that completely true? So far I have found that it is pretty much true...

2, I have noticed that barely any of the plugins have started supporting SuperPerms.
    --Does this mean that I will have forfeit either the major plugins that only support SuperPerms now, or forfeit the minor ones that don't support them. Or is there a way to run them side by side for awhile? Any other options?

3, I have not seen any major benefits to SuperPerms yet... Actually, I have seen a reduction in usefulness and ease of use so far. This may change, or I may be missing something.
    --Anyone willing to share their knowledge on why they are so great?

Anyways, help in understanding SuperPerms would be much appreciated. I am wanting to keep all my plugins on my server and run it effectively, but it's getting more and more complicated and confusing as these Permission plugins just keep coming and keep changing it all up. Quite frankly they should just stick with a certain format and then change it all they want from there...

Anyways, thanks in advance.

2. Offline

codename_B

1. That's not true - there are some SuperPerms managers (like bPermissions) which give you the option of having * nodes for SuperPerms.
    2. That's not true - quite a few plugins have updated to SuperPerms (but for those that haven't, most plugins include a SuperPerms bridge of some kind - bPermissions has one built in, and works really well.)
    3. SuperPerms are no different that the old permissions, except that permissions are built into the Player object now, which is great news for developers!

3. Offline

ImminentFate

and just in case you didn't get it from @codename_B , try using bPermissions for your server ;) It's quite good

codename_B likes this.
  4. Offline

Valgor

Thanks a ton guys, I know these questions may seem generic but the answers really help.

Two more things,
    One, will this plugin work with bPermissions?
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...game-permissionsbukkit-superperms-1060.34614/
    This plugin isnt obviously needed and I can wait for some sort of update or other plugin to come out if necessary but it is extremely useful.

Two, how does the bPermissions SuperPerms bridge work? (loaded question I know :p just redirect me to a FAQ site if it's too much lol)

Anyways, thanks again guys.

5. Offline

codename_B

setrank won't work, bPermissions has its own commands for that anyway.
    bPermissions superperms bridge works by emulating the niji classes and loading a fake plugin via reflection - so it claims to have "Permissions" loaded even though you only have bPermissions installed, and return player.hasPermission when permission.has(player, permission) is checked.

bPermissions does support prefix/suffix/value now :)

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/bpermissions/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  6. Offline

Valgor

Lol you are a good salesman, and its funny that you mentioned ^that^ (prefixes) cause I cant seem to get those to work...
    I've been playing around with bPermissions for a bit, and I must say You are a genius for adding an Import Feature! lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.