Strange Chunk Errors on 1.1.0 (1818)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Crayder, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Crayder

Updated my server to 1818, updated all plugins and everything was going smoothly for nearly 3 hours and then I received about 2000 errors a second for a good 3 minutes. Here is a snippet of the log: http://pastebin.com/TUKpKKx1

Here is apparently what led to all of this:
    Code:
    2012-01-25 16:26:57 [INFO] Chunk file at -80,-34 is in the wrong location; relocating. (Expected -80, -34, got -76, -42)
    2012-01-25 16:26:57 [SEVERE] Chunk (-76, -42) stored at  (-80, -34) in world 'world'
    2012-01-25 16:26:57 [SEVERE] net.minecraft.server.Chunk
    2012-01-25 16:26:57 [SEVERE] java.lang.Throwable
    2012-01-25 16:26:57 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.getOrCreateChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:123)
    2012-01-25 16:26:57 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.Chunk.a(Chunk.java:811)
    2012-01-25 16:26:57 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.getChunkAt(ChunkProviderServer.java:107)
    As you can see, it's all chunk -76, -42. However, I am seeing weird chunks around our map. Here's one under our spawn:
    [​IMG]

It seems like only cobblestone is missing? We have not received a single error with any of our plugins, but here is the list:
    [​IMG]

Anyone know why this happened and how I can resolve it? I know I can use Chunkster, but I'd really like to prevent having to regenerate chunks because we're a Factions server where players have made bases. I'd also like to make sure it doesn't happen again.

2. Offline

RROD

Remove Spout, and try again. I believe that's the issue atm, as they haven't updated.

3. Offline

Yudaz

Yeah it is Spout, same happened on me when I updated both as I had to use the development build of Spout (that makes the chunk bugs)... But Im not sure it will resolve it as it is already done..., A good idea would to allways get backups.

(On me all stone in a single area were gone).. :(

4. Offline

Crayder

I also had to use the dev build, the recommended build on Bukkit would not work. I restored a backup and the chunk was STILL damaged? Weird.

5. Offline

Yudaz

But have you removed Spout?

RROD likes this.
  6. Offline

RROD

Did you restore it again after removing Spout?

7. Offline

Samg381

SAME EXACT PROBLEM HERE!!!
    1) Installed used bukkit 1.1 Dev.
    2) Map completely destroyed map/chunk problem
    3) Updated to 1.1 recbuild\
    4) Map still destroyed.
    5) Tried to restore from another identical map on my computer
    6)Still destroyed

8. Offline

Firelight7300

Why don't you try NoLagg? It stops the server from crashing and spamming the logs, but it doesn't exactly fix the Spout error where random chunks are partially flipped from the y axis at zero.
    From NoLagg page: "
    Load corrupted chunks

This plugin fixes chunk issues the native server fails to do by itself. It handles chunks stored at wrong locations (relocating) and chunks not stored in the correct GZIP format. The native server would crash if a chunk is wrongly stored, this plugin will properly handle this event. The buffered chunk loader has to be enabled for this to work."

*Not trying to advertise.

Pezmantbh likes this.
  9. Offline

Crayder

I'm just a little confused as to how erroneous coding (or whatever it was) can cause thousands of chunks in my world to literally be bare of cobblestone. I shut down for the upgrade and upgraded every single one of my plugins, then upgraded Spout. Started, Spout gave a ton of errors, so I upgraded to the latest dev build. Worked fine for 3 hours, then thousands upon thousands of random chunk errors.

I go on IRC and I'm talking to go to http://www.spout.in/ to instead get the latest version (where before I was going to Bukkit Dev) and apparently that version now works fine. Yet, I still cannot restore my world, I don't understand why it cannot be restored and/or why this happened in the first place. Sort of troubling to know that Spout can cause half of your entire world to corrupt like this, and it cannot be repaired (apparently).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.