Starting a new world...?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by BindMind, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BindMind

Hey guys. My server is currently "inDev" but I'm planning on releasing it to the general public soon. The problem is, the world we've been creating in the meantime has gotten a little... Too expansive, and I predict new users will have trouble starting up. So, we want to start a new world, but the question I have is what will happen to my plugins? Will I have to wipe the memory for each individual world or will they sense that it's a different world?

2. Offline

TnT

Some will know, some will not. For instance, if you've created a bunch of server portals using ServerPort - you should wipe that plugin config out and start from scratch. Other plugins, like PlgWarp will have a config file you can change (or you'll warp into really weird areas I imagine). Yet other plugins, like ScrapBukkit will work with no issue with the new world - as there is no config file to change.

3. Offline

BindMind

So I guess I will have to wipe plugins such as worldguard and jail. I'll just wipe all of the per-world data to be safe. Thanks for the response.

4. Offline

croxis

I believe some plugins, such as serverport , store their world-specific info in the world folder but their general config in their plugin folder. In the case of serverport I can just wipe the world but leave the general config alone and serverport will be ready to go for the new world. Other plugins, such as iConomy, store their info in the plugins folder (or mysql database), so you must wipe those specific files/databases to start those over as well.

5. Offline

clash

Another one to consider is home-like plugins, such as MyHome.

It is kind of funny to *not* clear that data on a new world, then see people /home to the middle of a lake or a mountain. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.