Start a sh file from plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Jalau, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jalau

So i want to start a sh file from my plugin... I'm shutting the server down and after that i want the system to run a sh file and that sh file will update the plugins , world etc from a main directory and start the server again (already did this)! But how can i run a sh file through my plugin?

2. Offline

Seadragon91

3. Offline

Jalau

So how would i start an sh with this?

4. Offline

RawCode

5. Offline

Jalau

It's a private plugin for my mmo server ;) So but if the server is down, the plugin can't run the code? I mean if i start the copy code when the server is going down, the code will stop when the plugin is unloaded?

6. Offline

RawCode

if server is down no code can be run.
    you must execute shell code from separate application or at moment when server still running

7. Offline

Jalau

Yeah so how would i manage this to work? How can i start a external sh file? Linux commandline is "./patch.sh"!

Runtime.getRuntime().exec("patch"); <--- Found this would that run the patch.sh in the main directory of the server?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  8. Offline

RawCode

test it yourself, it works like CMD on windows and shell on unix.

9. Offline

Jalau

Having a problem:

Code:java
    1. Bukkit.shutdown();
    3. try {
    5. String path = serverName.toUpperCase();
    7. Process proc = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("path"/patch.sh"); //Whatever you want to execute
    9. BufferedReader read = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(
    11. proc.getInputStream()));
    13. } catch (IOException e) {
    15. System.out.println(e.getMessage());
    17. }

When i shutdown the server after this the script starts but seem to stop? So does the Java Process need to be still open? Can you help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.