Problem/Bug Squids rarely spawns, Vanilla is okay though.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by asundrus, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

asundrus

Hi.

How come, when running Bukkit, squids rarely spawns, I did an AFK test for 2 hours, got only 15 ink sacks, then I tried the same world in Vanilla and Forge, and the squids were spawning just like in singleplayer.

What can I do to change this behaviour?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@asundrus
    Do you have any plugins editing mob spawnrate? Do you have any plugins that use squids for anything? Also, how are testing the spawn rate? Are you testing from a spawner or are you checking the natural spawn rate?

3. Offline

asundrus

Sorry for my lack of info.

No plugins at all, did not tinker with any settings at all.
    I made a squid farm, which as I mentioned, works flawlessly in both Vanilla and Forge server

4. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@asundrus
    I've tested it as well and it seems they rarely spawn, even on 1.11.2. I would recommend you create a ticket/post on the spigot forums.

asundrus likes this.
  5. Offline

asundrus

Thanks for the reply.

I just reposted this in the Spigot forums, hopefully they'll have an answer as to why we are experiencing this, and thanks for testing it also.

6. Offline

asundrus

Looks like you and I are the only two people experiencing this. I posted over at Spigot, but no replies. So I tested by editing the bukkit.yml, I edited:
    animal-spawns: 400 to animal-spawns: 4
    which seems to replicated Vanilla spawning behaviour, this however seems odd, as the wiki as far as I remember says, the 400 is equal to Vanilla.

7. @asundrus
    That information on the wiki page was added more than 3 years ago, I would not expect it to be accurate, as Mojang have probably changed the minecraft default several times since then. You might want to create a ticket on Spigot asking the default value to be readjusted.

EDIT: I had a look in the sources, and it seems the vanilla default value is actually 1.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    asundrus and Zombie_Striker like this.
  8. Offline

asundrus

@AlvinB
    So the 4 I used was actually close hehe, thanks for your insight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.