[Spout] Music Jukebox maybe that works with Shoutcast?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Kane, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Offline

Kane

Would be really really need to have the music box be able to be converted into say a jukebox. Maybe if it's placed on top of a Diamond block or something.

Maybe 2 features could be added or lets call them mods:

1) Shoutcast where you place it and maybe use a special command to tell it the URL.
    2) Jukebox where maybe have a list of music it can play and it streams from the list and you punch it to change the song?

Id personally love an advance permission system with a shoutcast ability. So maybe you can set quota of how many can be placed per person and what group and such depending permissions.

Also you could do something like /addsong name url and have players add many songs to the list..

2. Offline

chernobyl360

not possible. even if it was this would create an enormous amount of lag.

3. Offline

Kane

Why would it cause lag? That makes no sense and I'm not even a programmer but I know that would make no sense lol.

4. Offline

Sniper3

I think he means it would use a large amount of bandwidth.

chernobyl360 likes this.
  5. Offline

chernobyl360

yes, sorry if i was too "vague". i meant bandwidth. what would happen is if this plugin was possible then when the player did start his/her radio the server would have to gather the info from the selected URL, hence the "lag/bandwidth" usage.

6. Offline

Kane

the shoutcast style .pls has been added in more then just 1 game I have seen. It would not cause lag at all unless you are a very poor programmer. I can easily run that stuff on edge and for sure on 2g and 3g networks. Let alone dsl and cable networks.

Not sure where this lag would come from.

7. Offline

chernobyl360

mmk lets see you code this if you think your so damn good!

8. Offline

Kane

Never said I am but if you can tell me it lags right here right now you clearly not a programmer. But that is fine someone else I'm sure can do it.

9. Offline

chernobyl360

what ever kid, ive been coding 8 months now for bukkit. ill give this a try and see what happens. im telling you, when some one goes to stream music through a server its going to cause lag. if you got 24 players on a server and they all choose something to listen too. jazz/metal/country/etc each radio station needs to be pulled up, synced, and played through the server. it may not have a huge physical impact on bandwidth, but when you get multiple people streaming then it will.

10. Offline

Kane

Yeah but if you saw the title and now your going to slap your self.... The music is not streamed from the server but from the client using shoutcast stations or direct links to ogg files if you do it that way...

The server only tells the client really what to listen to and from where. :(

11. Offline

chernobyl360

yes, i just realized that -_-. spout - @ clientside only.

getCustomMusic().

btw srry for the tension between us back there. not particularly in the best mood atm.

BTW!!!

i cant use shoutcast. spout only can handle
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  12. Offline

Kane

I know. Shoutcast was more of a future thing aka request. If lets say person know the spoutclient enough they might tackle trying to add it into it and have them merge it in :)

But the ogg works even midi heck midi would be a good start.