[SOLVED] Looking for anti-grief advice.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by mechman991, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mechman991

Hello Bukkit Forums.
    I'm looking for some advice on anti-grief advice.
    Currently, I have Lockette installed to protect chests and Tekkit items, and that's working well. The issue I'm having with is people destroying houses and builds, and other Tekkit items that Lockette can't protect.
    I'm currently using Bukkit 1.2.5 R4.0.

What I was is for people to be able to claim land, and no one else can destroy or build on that land unless the land owner gives them permission to.
    I believe that Towny will do this. I've tried to install Towny, although unsuccessfully. I had it running perfectly once, except that my players got the error message that only Admins could create towns. I attempted to edit the permission file, but I ended up corrupting the config. Currently, I have Towny uninstalled.

Can anyone either recommend a better plugin for what I'm looking for, or point me in the right direction for proper Towny configs? Thanks!

2. Offline

rguz10

Try grief prevention. As far as I know it works on tekkit. I used to use it on my server, it is very easy to use and liked by many players.

XanderCrews01 and mechman991 like this.
  3. Offline

mechman991

rguz10

Reading up on it now, and that looks awesome. I'll definitely try that out. Thanks!

4. Offline

bitWolfy

Most servers do not prevent griefs, but merely ban players for doing so. I would check out LogBlock if I were you; last time I used it (which was about 4 months ago, but still), you could add custom blocks to it to protect tekkit-specific blocks.

As for your question, I heard that Residence is a good anti-griefing solution.

5. Offline

mechman991

Followup:
    rguz10
    That plugin was perfect. Not only did it work perfectly on one reboot, but I was able to remove Lockette as well! Thank you again.

6. Offline

rguz10

No problem I found it a great plugin too. I would make a YouTube video explaining how to use it though. And I agree LogBlock or CoreProtect may help you rollback griefers and ban them. I'm glad I could help you! Just tag me if you need anything else.

mechman991 likes this.
  7. Offline

mechman991

rguz10
    I have CoreProtect installed, and have used it a couple times, and it works amazing.
    Do you happen to know how Towny would interact with GP?

8. Offline

rguz10

Personally I have never tried, but I don't think it would hurt. You could always use the subdivide claims mode.

9. Offline

deltahat

I'm using Precious Stones for my grief prevention. I configured it so that ore blocks work as anti-grief fields that roll back any unauthorized changes after 60 seconds. The more rare the ore, the bigger the anti-grief field it creates.

Precious Stones has made grief protection self-service on my server and even turned it into a game mechanic - you have to mine for minerals to protect your home.

TnT likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.