[Solved]Java Developers Help

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by RROD, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

RROD

I'm looking people with good knowledge of Java to help me with a project I'm doing outside of Bukkit. It shan't matter if you know more than I do, because I'm not brilliant at Java. If you're interested PM me.

You'll need to have experience outside of Bukkit Plugin Development to be any use. Spout (not SpoutCraft) knowledge will be useful. Basically I'm looking to write a fork of this with all the gunk gone.

Also I'm using Maven for compiling. Eclipse is preferred.

2. Offline

SirTyler

You trying to fork Spout? why?

3. Offline

RROD

Initially it wasn't a fork of Spout, but it kinda turned into one. I'm writing a new server software, and Spout needed a lot less work doing than any other one out there - plus it met most of the things I wanted to do. There is a lot of unnessessary stuff in there, and stuff that needs to be more user-friendly.

4. Offline

SirTyler

Why not just do a pull request?

5. Offline

Njol

Why don't you join the Spout team or do pull requests? The Spout server is not close to release yet and much can and will be changed, e.g. you could change the things you don't like.
    Also you are likely not able to write a useful server, since I can't imagine anyone wanting to put hundreds of hours of work into a server which is currently managed by somewone who lacks the understanding to make such a big project IMHO, and also there's an alternative which is more advanbced & better supported.

6. Offline

RROD

I doubt they'll let me do that.

True, but I'm doing it for the experience.

I might, however be better off doing pull requests as you suggested. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.