Snow is gone

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Rogge, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Rogge

Just updatet to 1.0.1-R1 and at the same time updated my plugins. After that it started to rain in my snow biomes plus the snow wont regrow.

I suspected seasons, so I removed it, but that didnt help. Before this update Ptweaks and spout (serverside only) werent installed.

Plugins: BleedingMobs, CraftBukkitUpToDate, creaturebox, CreeperHeal, Essentials, EssentialsChat, EssentialsGeoIP, EssentialsProtect, EssentialsSpawn, EssentialsXMPP, Herobrine, LightSensor, MessageManager, PorteCoulissante, Ptweaks, pvparena, Residence, RetractableBridge, SimpleNews, Sleep, SmokeTP, Spout, StreetLamps, TeslaCoil, mcMMO, PermissionsBukkit, ChestShop, DeathTpPlus, dynmap-residence, Dynmap-WorldGuard, dynmap, MobRider, NarrowtuxLib, Showcase, WormholeXTreme

Any suggestions? I want my snow back

Edit: Earlier I used the latest dev build from Saturday I think

2. Offline

Apachekiller

Generate a new world and see if still does it.

3. Offline

Rogge

It doesnt

4. Offline

Apachekiller

I just got reports this was happening on my server as well. I will look into it.

5. Offline

Rogge

Doesnt that actually mean, that bukkit(or a plugin) in fact can change biomes, what was thought impossible?

6. Offline

SkullM4sher

It's minecraft 1.0... I generate several new random world on a vanilla server (minecraft.jar), put the gamemode creative in order to explore and search for snow faster with some friends and we never find snow... The only thing you can do to have a little of snow on your server is to put a custom seed like : THIS IS A SEED in server.proprieties because they got snow at the spawn but not on new generated chunks.

The over solution is to check for a mod i see on minecraft forums that put the snow back on taiga biomes and stuff.

Hope that helps.

7. Offline

Rogge

nah that map is a 1.0 vanilla generated map, with natural snow (biome) on it. A pretty Gigantic one I might add

8. Offline

SkullM4sher

If you fly away of this biome you will not find snow... There is no snow in minecraft 1.0 trust me.

9. Offline

zipron

there is snow in mc 1.0.. Anyways, if you want to fix it yourself: download worldedit and use the command
    Code:
    /snow <radius>
    Be carefull not to use a too large radius. This can cause a server crash. better 2 times /snow 50 than /snow 100

=)
    zip

10. Offline

Rogge

yep check version history http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history
    Anyways that is a solution - but a pretty unsatisfactory one.

I would like to know if theres a method to reverse this now occuring rain back to snow

11. Offline

zipron

you can disbable snow/rain with worldguard =)

12. Offline

Rogge

actually im confused, my players reported that snow (biomes) started to spread everywhere now
    My thought is, that mybe because I changed the world to another seed? but the terrain already was generated.

Edit: Actually it might have been the snow biome that was missing anyhow (tundra) and with the update the code kicked in

13. Offline

zipron

yea but that's obvious: in snow biomes (determined by the seed) water freezes and snow falls in stead of rain. It doesn't matter if the chunks were created or not, if they are in a snow biome, they will act like one and freeze and snow will fall.

zip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.