Small issue

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Zeth, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zeth

Alright, so I have two computers.
    One of them is a 32-bit OS computer. I'm going to be using that one as my server.
    I set everything up, made sure I'm using the correct 32-bit .bat file, and let it go. On that computer, if I open up Minecraft, I can play online just fine.

Now, my second computer. It's a 64-bit OS. I cannot connect to the other computer, either by localhost or my IP. Any idea of why this might be happening?
    The error I get is:
    Failed to connect to the server
    Connection timed out: connect

I'm not running any plugins.
    I've tried it with build #50, #63, and #66.
    Same issue on each one.

Ugh. D:

2. Offline

barghest

Localhost will never allow you to connect to any computer other than the one you're currently sitting at. Are you trying your external IP address? I'm assuming you're using some kind of consumer high-speed internet and you're sitting behind a NAT router, that's the usual setup.

Have you tried connecting to the 32-bit machine's local (LAN) IP? It's usually something like 192.168.0.X?

3. Offline

Zeth

You're correct on everything.
    And yes, I've already tried and succeeded at connecting my 32-bit computer to its LAN. I can also successfully connect to the router.

4. Offline

barghest

OK. Well, it's on the LAN, and they're both connected to the router on the LAN, but - when you enter, from your 64 machine, the IP of the 32 machine, are you entering 192.168.0.X (or whatever your local network is), or are you trying to type in the internet IP address both computers share? Because that can be... interesting.

Sometimes it works, but not usually.

5. Offline

Zeth

Thank you very much. Thinking about it now, it's pretty obvious.
    It works, now. :D

6. Offline

barghest

Happy to help, sir; happy to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.