Slow server rendering and chunk loading?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by topherbeav, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

topherbeav

Hi there, hope your all well

I've been having a nagging issue with my minecraft server (bukkit), in that chunks take a while to load and rendering can sometimes be slow; even when not many people are online. I'm not using any plugin such as orebfuscator which would obviously be the main cause.

The thing is, my server specifications are great.

I've got an intel i7-3770K at 3.9Ghz on an Asus Maximus V formula motherboard

And then 3 SSD's, one dedicated operating system (windows 7 64bit) ssd (ocz agility 3)
    and then a dedicated drive just for my server, the same model. Neither of the drives are lacking space and have plenty free. (Also, they're connected to 6GB/s sata connectors)
    RAM: 16GB (12GB for the server), i use a plugin called 'lagmem' which says how much RAM is free for the server, and it never goes under 50% RAM left.
    Another note, cpu usage is always like 1 or 2 % :p

I dont really know what else i should add into this post?

Upload speed is 19mb/s

Ive posted this on yahoo answers too

If you need any more details give me a shout!

Many thanks!

2. Offline

a2z0ful

I actually had the same problem as you with my server, bought 2 cheap ram stick and the performance barely improved then I replace them with 2 HP ram stick and problem solved (thank god..)
    I recommend this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/281114524629?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
    Hope this helps

P.S. Make sure the RAM you have right now is actually for servers and not for standard PCs, usually minecraft servers use way more than 12gb to avoid lagging when loads of people join

3. Offline

zipfe

I doubt it's about RAM or CPU power, my money is on bad connectivity. The chunks load slowly and render slowly because your server doesn't manage to get all the data to the clients in time.

Milkywayz likes this.
  4. Offline

Me4502

Provide a list of plugins

5. Offline

Milkywayz

I agree with zipfe , I have similar specs as you but about double the upload speed and after moving from a dedicated server (going back to one soon) most players noticed a big difference in their connection. The best latency all around was when my server was in Ashburn,VA with PhoenixNap, awesome connection for everyone when I hosted with them.

6. Use plugins like ClearLagg or NoLagg. They should work good. :/
    EDIT: Also another thing might be PTweaks, not entirely sure. :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.