Plugin Request SimpleAlias

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by CatzFuriousSpeed, Jun 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was wondering if someone would be able to take this source code https://github.com/DarkBlade12/SimpleAlias and update it to 1_8_R1 and also add a variable in which when you put <player> and when the player runs that command it runs it with there name in the command where <player> is placed.
    Thanks! :)
     
  2. Offline

    raymart23

  3. It just doesnt load at all, doesnt even generate a config folder and no errors but Im assuming its because of it being outdated
     
  4. Offline

    Boomer

    no errors and no configuration file, no loading --> NOT a possible combination.

    Screenshot of plugins folder with it in there, the pastebin of your latest.log after starting the server as proof. A quick glance at the code doesn't suggest anything that might break over versioning...
     
  5. Offline

    Boomer

    Not "console log" - consoles only show part of a whole file.
    As you can see, only a few lines it says "STARTUP DONE" --
    Please pastebin the entire LATEST.LOG file after restarting (not /reload) to capture the very first lines executed, until the server stops loading up.

    However: "It just doesnt load at all" does contradict the "SimpleAlias" present above the word Page... The fact it is green is disturbing, it likely means that one event couldn't be registered, but in doing so, yes, it prevents the config from being created..

    Which means that in your startup log file that you chopped the top off there is going to be a big blob of java error about something for it, which may be as simple as a missing dependancy, or as out-of-luck as broken code, or a java-version conflict problem that can be resolved...

    Give me the full startup log, then I'll be really happy, and might be able to make you happy by identifing a fixable solution (about 25% chance of that, 75% of yes, needing to be recoded)
     
  6. http://pastebin.com/R8ijvCXk This is the best log I could get. Thanks.
     
  7. Offline

    Boomer

    Best log you could get .. its perfect. Its the exact log wanted.

    Lines 388 to 412 is one of those "no errors" errors for the plugin. Sadly, the nature of the error is due to a rewrite of class codes in the core minecraft file that bukkit /spigot use, referring to a library apache filehandling class that no longer exists by that name in the server builds
    So yeah, the plugin is fully braindead - it will never be able to import/export files such as the configuration file required to use the plugin, but will happily hum away on your plugin list doing nothing.

    Plugin DOES need recompiling to work on 1.8 (i'd even bet on 1.7s, given 1.7 was the massive code infrastructure change). I see no licensing document on the github that would permit someone to modify it, but i could be wrong.

    Bonus error: Line 11-17. UnknownDependancy - TitleManager. Thus asynchworldedit-titlemanager plugin not loading/working correctly
     
  8. Thanks :) and I was aware of the other error Ill be installing Titlemanager soon I just haven't had time to set it up :)

    Any chance you could find someone to re-make this?

    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
  9. Offline

    Boomer

    File a new, clean question in this topic area requesting someone to fork and update an 'abandoned' plugin to compile, specify the links, explain the reasoning is that the build-version incompatibility as it was written prior to 1.7 cant use the apache file io code to create / read configs (then link to a pastebin that has the whole java error showing that)

    Someone might look into it, and others will be able to provide more info about the licensing arrangement for it to determine if anyone other than the author may do so or not without his explicit permission.
     
  10. The author has said he would do it but if you look http://bukkit.org/threads/mycommand.367953/#post-3145599 it doesnt really seem like anytime soon.
     
  11. Offline

    raymart23

    @CatzFuriousSpeed the error said :
    Code:
    [12:55:19] [Server thread/INFO]: [SimpleAlias] Enabling SimpleAlias v1.6.0
    [12:55:19] [Server thread/ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling SimpleAlias v1.6.0 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/util/org/apache/commons/io/FileUtils
            at com.darkblade12.simplealias.reader.Reader.saveResourceFile(Reader.java:33) ~[?:?]
            at com.darkblade12.simplealias.reader.types.ConfigurationTemplateReader.isOutputFileReadable(ConfigurationTemplateReader.java:44) ~[?:?]
            at com.darkblade12.simplealias.reader.types.ConfigurationTemplateReader.readFromFile(ConfigurationTemplateReader.java:18) ~[?:?]
            at com.darkblade12.simplealias.reader.types.ConfigurationTemplateReader.readConfigurationTemplate(ConfigurationTemplateReader.java:29) ~[?:?]
            at com.darkblade12.simplealias.SimpleAlias.onEnable(SimpleAlias.java:38) ~[?:?]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:321) ~[spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-550ebac-7019900]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:335) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-550ebac-7019900]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:405) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-550ebac-7019900]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R1.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:356) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-550ebac-7019900]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:316) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-550ebac-7019900]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:402) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-550ebac-7019900]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.MinecraftServer.k(MinecraftServer.java:370) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-550ebac-7019900]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:325) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-550ebac-7019900]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:211) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-550ebac-7019900]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:505) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-550ebac-7019900]
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_40]
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.util.org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:91) ~[spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-550ebac-7019900]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:86) ~[spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-550ebac-7019900]
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
            ... 16 more
    and ask the author to fix it instead
    Give him this console log
     
  12. Offline

    Boomer

    why bump here - the author is communicating with you in the other thread, no one is going to get involved if he's in full ownership of the task. You should be bumping that thread if anything. Find out if his dev version he has fixes what you want - so what about "I'm going to recode everything and make it all super-friendlier" -- thats a long project. Did his link fix your issue, will it fix your issue.
     
  13. @Boomer Well :/ He hasnt been active in quite a while so.
     
  14. Offline

    timtower Moderator Moderator

    @CatzFuriousSpeed He was online yesterday. Just ask him if he is still working on it.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page