Simple Lava Change

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Avous, May 29, 2011.

1. Offline

Avous

I'd simply like a plugin that makes lava create Water Sources like Lava... for example... you have a 2x2 hole and lava sources are at both ends... or lavas pouring into it.. then it creates a new lava source in that location. like water does!

and i'd like lava to stop making weird sources like when its falling down a hill or just dropping it will create a ton of sources for no reason... its a pain in the neck for me :p

so long story short id like lava to be exactly like water :p same source spawning and same physics

2. Offline

Mafidog

According to real life physics, when lava cools out, it creates obsidian. If lava falls into a big body of water, it will create rocks, stones and cobble.
    In Minecraft, it works like this:
    Water to Lava = Obsidian
    Lava to Water = Cobblestone
    Also, lava is slower and has bigger density than water, that' s why it doesn' t create a new source block.

One more think: What you want is really dangerous. Generating a new lava source block is like giving griefers an automated cannon to grief.

3. Offline

Avous

@Mafidog

not on my server and i dont care about the speed or density and you cant tell me water or lava is life like in minecraft period and beyond that thats not what im asking :) what im asking is for lava SOURCES to be created like WATER SOURCES so lava doesnt create extra sources when placing and spread everywhere so no its less dangerous thanks :p

4. Offline

Mafidog

You mean you need lava make only cobble and not obsidian? Or do you mean making a NEW block, ready to picked up by a bucket?
    1) I agree.
    2) Forget it.

5. Offline

Avous

Neither :p lava sources are what makes more lava and compared to water lava sources spawn randomly the only way to create water sources is surround them with other sources like if you build a 2 x 2 hole you can make four water sources with just two buckets :p by placing two water sources onopposite sides of each other it creates four water sources I want lava to work the same way right now lavas random when it creates new sources

6. Offline

Mafidog

We say the same thing, I guess.
    If you put 2 water sources opposite in a 2 x 2 hole, yes, it will get you 4 new sources. These sources CAN be picked up by bucket. If the same is applied to lava, then we say exactly the same thing, and it won' t be made, because it will create mayem with griefers...
    Imagine it.
    Spread 2 lava buckets and... poof! There you have 2 more, ready for use.

7. Offline

Avous

ya but as it right now lava sources are created at RANDOM when placing meaning if you plce it on the ceiling it would spread out everywhere because it made new sources while falling :p

8. Offline

Mafidog

Actually, I don' t think that you can pick up falling lava.
    Anyway, I know a plugin whivh fixes liquids, but it is only for SSP.